Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Having spent 3 years in Sheffield I should know this, but I haven't had a car before, and lived in Tapton which has a massive car park which was never checked, so no one I knew had a permit.

Next year I'm in a house on Endcliffe Crescent, I've only down that way about 3 times and never since the edge was built but whats the low down on parking.

When do I have to apply? it says you can apply once you get your ucard, but I don't get that till the end of the week, so will I miss out on parking?

What happens between me arriving and getting a permit? can I just stick my car anywhere?

How much does one cost?

If I get one how difficult will it be to find somewhere to park?

Can I just sack off the permit and park on the road?

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar question. I'm living in Cratcliffe, and the guide doesn't list that in the list of places that has parking. I can live without my car, but it'll be annoying having to pay insurance/MOT/tax/services/etc for it when I'm only using it half the year...

ReputationRep:
    Parking permits for catagory R carparks (thats the less near to Uni the Edge etc) are free. You only really need apply 5 or so days before you bring up your car, or after you get your UCard if you are a fresher.
    Two of my flatmates are drivers but never had any problems and there is always loads of space around Endcliffe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Parking permits for catagory R carparks (thats the less near to Uni the Edge etc) are free. You only really need apply 5 or so days before you bring up your car, or after you get your UCard if you are a fresher.
    Two of my flatmates are drivers but never had any problems and there is always loads of space around Endcliffe.
    Is that definitely for any block in Endcliffe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laser)
    Is that definitely for any block in Endcliffe?
    Yes Car Parking is pretty much the same throughout Endcliffe. Obviously some blocks are nearer the free carparks though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Yes Car Parking is pretty much the same throughout Endcliffe. Obviously some blocks are nearer the free carparks though.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, so basically I just park anywhere I like until I get a pass, which is free. - good news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostRiot)
    Sounds good, so basically I just park anywhere I like until I get a pass, which is free. - good news.
    No, if you park in a catagory B car park and you don't have a pass you will get in alot of trouble - stick of catagory R.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.