Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How confident are you that you will achieve your academic ambitions in life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you'll achieve what you want to achieve academically in life?

ReputationRep:
    I have, yep. I didn't have many, though.

ReputationRep:
    Wait a minute while I calculate my confidence... *grabs calculator, pen and paper*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I have, yep. I didn't have many, though.
    What were they?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Been there, done that. All that's left is my master's.

ReputationRep:
    Considering I don't plan on doing any postgraduate study (but I'm not ruling it out either), then I'm 100% confident because I already have.

However career ambitions are bit more uncertain.

ReputationRep:
    I used, quite confidently
    but then i did some work experience in london
    it all looks so fruitless

ReputationRep:
    I was a bit of a fool in my younger days, and didn't work at all. So I consider myself a failure in that sense.

However, I do hope to turn it all around in the next 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah most likely. Unless I suddenly get hooked on something which damages my brain in a way that means I hate studying, reading, listening and/or concentrating for a few moments and am also physically incapable of getting out of bed. Seriously though, I hope so, but I don't have enough self-pity in order to doubt that I would succeed.

ReputationRep:
    hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I just need to do a pharmacy degree then I'm done for good!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creative)
    Wait a minute while I calculate my confidence... *grabs calculator, pen and paper*.
    What's the answer? :teeth:

I'm able to achieve anything I want to, but it all depends on motivation (which I lack atm) and laziness tbh.

ReputationRep:
    hmm i fell somehow i may be dissappointed

I want to get 10* 4A* at A level and then do a mathematical physics degree or mechanical engineering at cambridge then do a masters at harvard.

Looking at the school i go to, it isn't that out of the ordinary but even typing that i can't help but feel i know i will be dissappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    What's the answer? :teeth:
    At least over 9000, I think.

I am quite confident that I will reach my aims, though I am not ruling out that things change~
    I have my aims set and I will do my very best.

ReputationRep:
    Not after this year :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't have aims. In secondary school I was predicted A*s and As across the range and came away with 5As, 6Bs a C and a D. My friends were shocked when I only took one academic subject in college (a rubbish academic subject at that: Philosophy ) and the rest art subjects. I'm now looking to do a degree in Photography purely because that's the only thing I think I am relatively good at. Well, no, my talent is making anything you like out of rubbish, but that won't get me anywhere will it? Photography isn't much better but at least I'm starting to get shoot offers from friends so the word about me is getting out :p:

I'm just gunna see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Well for A-Levels I want 3 A's. I'm confident that I'll get into Uni but one of my exams didn't go as good as I hoped so maybe I won't get my 'dream' grade of an A but at least I'll still get into Uni.

After that I want a 1st in Eng Lit and then move on to do a Masters at Harvard/Yale, Oxbridge or Bristol....haven't decided yet

ReputationRep:
    I think the only way I will achieve my academic ambitions is if I return to Australia.

Anybody who says these new 14-19 Diplomas are good are sadly wrong, I wouldn't give them the time of day... why? Because I'm doing one and it's the biggest load of ******* ******** under the sun imagineable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Cool)
    What were they?
    Essentially, just to get to the university of my choice to study something I was passionate about. Everything beforehand just led up to that, and my time at university was just about making the most of it.

Well I only got a 2.1 despite working really hard and aiming for a first so I guess I failed. Oh well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.