Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How confident are you that you will achieve your academic ambitions in life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can do whatever i want because i am a genius
    the world is my oyster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booraad)
    Do you think you'll achieve what you want to achieve academically in life?
    No doubt, I've already started and conquered a few

I'm fully confident in my academic capabilities... shame it can't be said for my athletic ones haha :cool:

ReputationRep:
    As I-don't-know-who once said, Success is 99% work and 1% luck. Although I believe there is an innate factor to so-called intelligence, I think that factor takes a secondary position to hard work, committment and passion. Yes, I'm confident I can pursue my academic ambitions.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, but I don't know what I need to achieve...but hopefully when I do I can work towards that, for now it's A levels

ReputationRep:
    My only real academic ambition is to pass my degree, so yeah I'm confident I can do that. I'd quite like a 2.1 but it's not really my ambition, since I won't be heartbroken if I don't get it. I'm fairly confident I could do it, but not 100%.

ReputationRep:
    Not very confident, I didn't do very well in first year so I'm hoping my marks will improve when I put more effort in next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    What's the answer? :teeth:

I'm able to achieve anything I want to, but it all depends on motivation (which I lack atm) and laziness tbh.
    everyone uses the lazy excuse, its been used since 10,000 bc, nothings changed.

ReputationRep:
    none of my ambitions are academic ..unless you count being an artist /art as academic) no matter how good of a degree you get there'll always be someone wholl get just as good or better so whats the point? i have two formal warnings this year for attendance ..woops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    everyone uses the lazy excuse, its been used since 10,000 bc, nothings changed.
    :hmmm:
    It's easier to blame it on laziness than admitting one has failed their goals miserably because they ******* suck, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's somewhere between quite likely and very likely that I won't fully achieve my academic ambitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    Pretty confident, I suppose. Though, this is subject to change :p:
    Just like the volume of gas collected over time...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any academic ambitions in life.
    My ambition is to be successful, and that doesn't always involve doing well academically.

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm:
    It's easier to blame it on laziness than admitting one has failed their goals miserably because they ******* suck, isn't it?
    no, i know what you mean, i use the excuse too. this has actually depressed me now, cant wait for results day now, i hope your happy miss cultivated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    Indeed :erm:

Though that's probably more predictable than my future.
    What job do you wish to get after your Phd?

I'm sure you will succeed what ever it may be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    no, i know what you mean, i use the excuse too. this has actually depressed me now, cant wait for results day now, i hope your happy miss cultivated.
    I'm always happy to be ruin other people's moods
    You know what'll make YOU happy again? Think you've failed ..
    And when the results come, you'll be so surprised and happy you haven't.

Hopefully :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I'm always happy to be ruin other people's moods
    You know what'll make YOU happy again? Think you've failed ..
    And when the results come, you'll be so surprised and happy you haven't.

haha thanks for that, but i know i have failed, oh well, i hear the dole isnt too bad.

Hopefully :lolwut:
    haha thanks for that, but i know i have failed, oh well, i hear the dole isnt too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Almost all of my ambitions are academic, and acheiving them all would be somewhat of a miracle.

BUT I love academia so I'm going to have great fun trying.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not... I'm not an academic person though, i hated uni I'm wanting to do something else now but I don't think I'll get very high, like a masters or higher. I doubt I'll even get very high up the monetary ladder. I need at least another degree for that as the one I have is utterly useless, I don't even know where to start. A start would be a start at least..!

ReputationRep:
    I've achieved my academic ambitions according to plan, thank god!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Not very confident at all :no:

Thankfully my tutors have more faith in my abilities than I do :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.