The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Terry Acky
the bigger they are, the harder they fall, very true indeed. well i guess you can just get your friends to give you a backy on theirs, despite you nor being a little kid anymore.

I might be sounding really dumb now, but... what is a "backy" ..?
Reply 41
eli2ab3th

Sponging off your friends for a lift
FinalFlash
Ouch...Moody...that time of the month ay :yes:

I'll step back before i cause any more problems.

No, too late I'm afraid - that time of the month has already gone.

I was just serious about your mom for once. ;]
Reply 43
It's not that bad at all.

If you don't want to drive then that's absolutely fine. That's what public transport is for afterall!
Reply 44
Nico_SU
Sponging off your friends for a lift

ooh I understand now lol :p: Thank you
Cultivated
No, too late I'm afraid - that time of the month has already gone.

I was just serious about your mom for once. ;]

Reply 46
eli2ab3th

lol nah your not dumb, its not something people need to know, its youth slang, someone getting a lift off someone on the back of there bike, like sitting on the seat, while the rider rides it not sitting.
giz a backy there lar (in liverpool), now that there older, it could mean wacky backy.
Nah I can't drive either. I'm 19. When I'm at home it's okay, it's London! But when I'm at the folks in Norfolk, a car would be ever so slightly more convenient, but not worth the upkeep costs to be honest.
Reply 48
Terry Acky
lol nah your not dumb, its not something people need to know, its youth slang, someone getting a lift off someone on the back of there bike, like sitting on the seat, while the rider rides it not sitting.
giz a backy there lar (in liverpool), now that there older, it could mean wacky backy.

It sounds... hmm uncomfy and squishy.

And you made me feel old with "Its youth slang" lol .. I'm only 20 (I actually typed in 200, thank god I saw before I posted lol)
Anonymous
i have just turned 20 and havent even learned to drive. i feel angry with myself for not learning because everyone else is driving and i havent even had one lesson. are there others out there who arent driving?
im going to uni and dont wanna learn in an unfamiliar city so ill probably only get occasional lessons which could mean it will take years. i could have done this by now in sixth form if i hadnt been so lazy

are you serious? loads of people haven't started driving yet .if you're that bothered by it take action! sheesh
Reply 50
eli2ab3th
It sounds... hmm uncomfy and squishy.

And you made me feel old with "Its youth slang" lol .. I'm only 20 (I actually typed in 200, thank god I saw before I posted lol)

were all old compared to the little kids giving backys to the park, but a your only 20, your young enough to learn. get on your bike love.
FinalFlash

I see, it's your time of the month :awesome:
Let's cuddle!
Reply 52
I'm 22 and can't drive. I had lessons a while ago but if I started again now I'd be starting from scratch. I really should learn, and I don't really have an excuse either. I am just lazy/being a pussy (the thought of being in control of a car scares me a bit). Now it could be affecting my ability to get a decent job because there are some places where I would need to drive to get to work in the morning.
Reply 53
Terry Acky
were all old compared to the little kids giving backys to the park, but a your only 20, your young enough to learn. get on your bike love.

Sorry.. but I can't.. I think I have out grown my little pink bike with the stabilisers.
Cultivated
I see, it's your time of the month :awesome:
Let's cuddle!

Whatever, I'm not gonna continue in this tit for tat anymore (well at least for tonight)...I'm off to watch some Anime.

Night Cultivated.
Reply 55
eli2ab3th
Sorry.. but I can't.. I think I have out grown my little pink bike with the stabilisers.

hahaha how did you fall of then with stabilisers? that just goes against physics.
I'm 21 and i dont know how to drive!

I've not seen the point in learning when there is public transport near me (about 5 different buses) but hopefully when i go to uni i'll be learning to drive so i can get a half decent car for when i finish uni.
I'm 22 and have no interest in cars or ever learning to drive. It's not the be all and end all of life.
That's not that bad. If you live in a city, you have plenty means of transport. I've got my driver's license at 20 and some of my friends still haven't. It's useful but not necessary.
Reply 59
Terry Acky
hahaha how did you fall of then with stabilisers? that just goes against physics.

Lol I don't know.. :o:
I did tell you I have no balance at all lol.. even with stabilisers.. Can't even ride a scooter, or one of them pogo stick thingys .. I found them all so dangerous. I preferred sticking my nose in a book :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending