Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im new to this TSR thinggg.

I got offered a place on the CMQS course, but i havent managed to get sponsorship from a company.

I feel like im only one wqho hasnt got sponsorship and If i dont get it soon - im screwed.

anyone elsee in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    Sponsorships will be hard to come by in this economic climate. I only know 2 people who had sponsorships and 1 of them doesnt have it anymore because she didnt make the grades. This is of all the people I know at lufbra. Some might and I dont know, but still it wont be many.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply!

Loughborough told me that aswell and so did the sponsors in fact, they kept saying that the economic climate reduced the amount of spaces available - making getting a sponsor much harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alb_09)
    thanks for the reply!

Loughborough told me that aswell and so did the sponsors in fact, they kept saying that the economic climate reduced the amount of spaces available - making getting a sponsor much harder.
    Why do you want sponsorship so badly?

ReputationRep:
    its not that I want it, i need it!

The offer is now subject to sponsorship - no sponsor no offer. :|

ReputationRep:
    Were you not interviewed by the consortium of construction companies?

2006:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?p=4159074

ReputationRep:
    yes, only one though?

ReputationRep:
    Im on a Quantity Surveying scholarship. Work for a small QS firm for 4 days a week, and go to NTU 1 day a week.

I get my salary, aswell as uni fees and books, stationary and dinner paid for whilst at uni.

U should try and get on one of these

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alb_09)
    its not that I want it, i need it!

The offer is now subject to sponsorship - no sponsor no offer. :|

I'm hopefully going to be doing the CMQS course in sept 09 at loughborough but I got a letter off them explaining that due to the economic climate and the difficulty people were having gaining sponsorship the university has decided to accept people based on grades only, therefore if you get the required grades without sponsorship you should still get a place....or at least thats what they told me.

ReputationRep:
    when did loughborough tell you this?

have you gained sponsorship yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welsha)
    I'm hopefully going to be doing the CMQS course in sept 09 at loughborough but I got a letter off them explaining that due to the economic climate and the difficulty people were having gaining sponsorship the university has decided to accept people based on grades only, therefore if you get the required grades without sponsorship you should still get a place....or at least thats what they told me.
    Thanks for your help!
    Did you manage to get sponsorship atall though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandem8)
    when did loughborough tell you this?

have you gained sponsorship yourself?
    I emailed the admissions tutuor and she told me the same thing she told Welsha.

But if your asking me, I havent . You looking to do the CMQS course?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been accepted onto the CMQS course WITHOUT sponsorship. I just gained the 300 ucas points. Did anybody else get in??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2009

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.