Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Kimberly from the pussycat dolls (the short blonde haired one)
    met her and the other dolls a couple of times and still regularly email her woo

ReputationRep:
    I'm friends with some alms and speed gt racers, and people in that group but alot of people wouldnt say they are famous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    Ok I have to ask... were you watching Harry Potter?
    LOL it was one of the lord of the ring films my friend dragged me to go and see it

ReputationRep:
    I know literally nobody impressive ... nobody. So instead I shall regale you with stories of nearly knowing famous people that are nowhere near as good as actually knowing them :no:

I stood outside Eric Clapton's house and his wife Melia drove past through the gates, I seen Seasick steve in the street, met the Hives, seen Kenneth Clarke a few times, Tchaikovsky and Alekhine number of 4. Trotsky, Tolstoy and Erodos numbers of 5 and a Beethoven number of 6 (linking all that through a specific person who also used to work for Clive Sinclair and knew Nick Drake and Charles Clarke, but he himself isn't particularly famous) I admit, hardly impressive here :dontknow: really envious of some of the people on this thread :facepalm2:

Oh yeah, and my former teacher used to teach Andy Cole.

Despite my best efforts to find a link to greatness: Epic Fail.

ReputationRep:
    :p:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    funny cause my friends mum IS Jk rowling..........:cool:
    aww so your my neighbour too .....:p:

ReputationRep:
    manny and ian brown.

ReputationRep:
    My parents used to work in a pub Ringo Starr drank at.

ReputationRep:
    Colin Firth went to my college! As well as Theo Walcott's girlfriend. Which isn't quite as good.

ReputationRep:
    My friend's uncle is Peter Kay.

And I met a1 once, when I was 11.

Yeah I'm cool.

ReputationRep:
    well lily cole is in my year at my college but i can't claim to be friends with her really. I am friends with ella jones off of the queens nose though! (who's also at my college)

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Erm...
    Shola Ameobi came to our school once, I thought he was a sixth former, not realising he was a footballer.
    A friend was an extra in Harry Potter
    Alan Shearer went to our school and gave the school £10,000 from his testimonial at Newcastle
    Robson Green filmed an ITV drama in the house opposite, I got his autograph.
    Steven Taylor came into a shop where my friend works
    My claim to fame though is that a picture I drew ended up on Byker Grove =) =)

ReputationRep:
    My drama teacher on Saturdays is in V for Vendetta...he was in last weeks Casualty..the Bill...New Tricks..urm..some films called Circus..the international...the krays...various things like that

oh and Russell Brand sang "The Lady in Red" to my friend down Oxford Street..

In his day my great grandad was famous on the radio, but only old people will know him now!

And on the other side of the family, my other great grandad i think...started that furniture store, Courts, but then we handed it over during the war i think...

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, there's a few now that I think about it, not exactly A listers though...
    My best friend's mum went out with Robert Carlysle,
    I've met the cast of Red Dwarf, some of them twice,
    I've been to Richard Felix's (off Most Haunted) birthday and christmas parties,
    My mum once spilt lager all over Sean Bean's dad's suede shoes (srsly!),
    Someone my mum works with's son is in K-16 The Widowmaker,
    My old headteacher used to teach someone who was in Big Brother, cnt remember her name, it was her who went out with that Ziggy bloke.

So actually, no, not really.

ReputationRep:
    yes.

but they dont know about it.

yet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and we're friends with benefits.

ReputationRep:
    i know el hadj dioufs brother and the olympic athlete- fiona may used to live on my street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wintersunset)
    i'm good friends with trent reznor and sandra bullock.
    Without reading ANY of the other posts, this is the coolest thing I've heard in, maybe, forever.

I sort of want his babies!!

Oh, and I don't know anyone famous but I sang onstage with Westlife when I was 7, Ricky from EastEnders has been in my restaurant... OH and Noel... whats that guys name from Deal or No Deal? There's a pic of him right in the middle of my pub

ReputationRep:
    My mum got chatted up by Will Carling and Dewi Morris in a pub while my dad went to the bar to get some drinks!

My mum's cousin played basketball in high school against Barack Obama on a tour to Hawaii.

Obviously all three are family friends, and we have them all round for Christmas Din Dins :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the singer Jojo?? Yeah, her

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.