Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sting's dad was my grandmas milkman haha :yes: and i know the guys from the cribs as theyre from the same hometown as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    Really? how?

Are you sure or did you just touch them or something? I touched mark owen, Take That.
    My grandma delivered Mark Owen (or at least was nearby, she was head midwife).
    My grandparents sold their house to Mark Owens parents when they moved.
    My mum worked with Mark Owen :awesome: and was invited to his 21st birthday party. Girls would go into Barclays and drool on his cash desk :rofl:
    However i have never met him :sad:

ReputationRep:
    my sisters friend is dwain chambers niece, i know the kid in the quorn ads and i met james nesbitt in Nobu onetime

ReputationRep:
    My family I are friends with/have been friends a number of minor famous people over the years, like, if you are interested in their field of work then you'll know them.

I'm friends with a band called The Horrors.

My mum and dad are friends with Maxwell Hutchinson, Jools Holland, Spandau Ballet, Malcolm McLaren, Tracey Emin, Annie Lennox.

Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Pixie Lott, and Pixie and Peaches Geldof, at least in the past, for me. Although that's something I'd rather not shout about :P

ReputationRep:
    My cousin was in the same school with Beyonce in Houston (Texas).
    I served food to Michael Owen in a restaurant at Royal Ascot few months ago.
    I saw the Queen very close. Lol!

ReputationRep:
    I served Michaela from Hollyoaks once haha. Who am I kidding, that doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    These are pretty useless, but still.

My dad was neighbours with the corrs, apparently they used to get along pretty well.
    A friend of mine is related to Neil Morrissey
    I served Tim McGarry (from Give my head peace) as well as Brendan O' Carroll
    My uncle interviewed the proclaimers on his radio show, as well as a number of other minor celebrities such as Samantha Mumba (when she was famous) and Pete Waterman.
    My uncle is good friends with Stephen Nolan (they worked together)

Mostly just Irish celebrities...

ReputationRep:
    Pete Townsend is a good family friend. He's godparent to my cousins.

He wouldn't mind me saying this either :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I'm related to Adnan Ghalib, does that count. :lolwut:

Not that you probably even know who he is :sigh:
    omg i hate him he ruined britneys life
    hes the devil to britneys fans lolol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishPerson)
    hes the devil to britneys fans lolol
    Who?

ReputationRep:
    I was in this girls A level classes last year >_<

http://fattalent.blogspot.com/search...y%20De&#39;kya

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=138122709096

Not really a 'friend' though, last conversation we had was probably about A levels.

She's pretty hilarious tbh, her facebook is filled with "Don't you wish you were me?" Erm, no not really...

She's not really famous yet, either.

Well we're Facebook friends, and I have her MSN, anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I was in this girls A level classes last year >_<

http://fattalent.blogspot.com/search...y%20De&#39;kya

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=138122709096

Not really a 'friend' though, last conversation we had was probably about A levels.

She's pretty hilarious tbh, her facebook is filled with "Don't you wish you were me?" Erm, no not really...

She's not really famous yet, either.

Well we're Facebook friends, and I have her MSN, anyway...
    Her lyrics are cringeworthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my[s)
    favorite[/s]things...]My grandma delivered Mark Owen (or at least was nearby, she was head midwife).
    My grandparents sold their house to Mark Owens parents when they moved.
    My mum worked with Mark Owen :awesome: and was invited to his 21st birthday party. Girls would go into Barclays and drool on his cash desk :rofl:
    However i have never met him :sad:
    how does your nan even know she delivered mark owen?! surely when he was delivered he didn;t have a name straight off, and to be able to think back 30-odd years to whether you were on shift when the Owen's had a baby boy... that's some good memory!

ReputationRep:
    Well I just got a letter from Prince Phillip! :awesome:

I know a few Leicester Tigers players. 2 minor royals.

:erm: That's it really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    how does your nan even know she delivered mark owen?! surely when he was delivered he didn;t have a name straight off, and to be able to think back 30-odd years to whether you were on shift when the Owen's had a baby boy... that's some good memory!
    Well they knew the family name and would have done follow up checks on him, I imagine it would be quite memorable since they later sold their house to his parents Oldham in the 1970's was a small world it seems!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    I love how these threads get littered with:

'My Nan's uncle's best friends sister's cat whose previous owner was a truck driver from Kent, well...his brother is mates with Bruce Willis's uncle's best friend's, sisters dog.'

Or something to that effect :rofl:
    yeah i stopped reading this thread because that's what every reply has been like so far. if anyone can actually answer the original question let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Well my dad knows tiger woods and phil mickelson and the whole of sale sharks, anthea turner, gino ( the chef), Anthony worrel thompson, England cricket team

and yet i know none

We have conversations like:

"So do anything interesting at work?"
    "erm not really, just went to see tiger woods"
    "Oh ok"

ReputationRep:
    My mum went out with Adam Ant, used to drink with the Ipswich Town FC players inc George Burley etc. Taught Mick Mills (England and Ipswich captain) horse riding and went to school with Olivia Newton-John.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin used to be a pretty great Rugby League player, but he's retired now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.