Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am friends with an ex premiership/England footballer who retired recently. Go to his house in Dorset a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Haha nah although I know Darren Day's (younger) brother and have his number. An Arsenal manager used to be from my estate though and my cousin and his wife are the fitness trainers for Jim Sturgess and Kiera Knightley. Woo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWZa)
    Haha nah although I know Darren Day's (younger) brother and have his number. An Arsenal manager used to be from my estate though and my cousin and his wife are the fitness trainers for Jim Sturgess and Kiera Knightley. Woo.
    That's pretty awesome - the cousin part - Jim Sturgess is v. cool and Keira Knightley is, well, Keira Knightley.

ReputationRep:
    No

I've met quite a few famous people, but am not friends with any of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menagerie)
    That's pretty awesome - the cousin part - Jim Sturgess is v. cool and Keira Knightley is, well, Keira Knightley.
    Yeah. It was apparently supposed to be kept hush initially. He's also Eva Green's personal trainer as well.

ReputationRep:
    My german teacher is related to anne frank

ReputationRep:
    James Bourne - went to school with him

ReputationRep:
    He's not someone who is famous to people in the UK, but my uncle is Phil Simms, who is a former New York Giants quarterback. He was a double Super Bowl winner and was MVP (Most Valuable Player) during Super Bowl XXI (1987).

Uncle Phil is now a sportscaster for CBS.

My cousin Chris (Phil's son) is also a professional NFL player, currently playing for Denver Broncos.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i'm friends with Laura White (from x factor)

and also burlesque dancer Kiki Kaboom (i suppose you wont know who she is unless you mix in certain circles)

my dad is a BAFTA nominated cinematographer though (julien balchin- google him)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    i'm friends with Laura White (from x factor)

and also burlesque dancer Kiki Kaboom (i suppose you wont know who she is unless you mix in certain circles)

my dad is a BAFTA nominated cinematographer though (julien balchin- google him)
    I just searched for 'Cinematographer' on here, and you must have posted that your dads a cinematographer about 8 times on dif posts :P you must be proud!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by melhunt)
    I just searched for 'Cinematographer' on here, and you must have posted that your dads a cinematographer about 8 times on dif posts :P you must be proud!
    :p: wouldn't you be? that's a hell of a lot to live up to :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    :p: wouldn't you be? that's a hell of a lot to live up to :eek:
    Indeed, I want to be a cinematographer Wish I knew 1, to get tips from haha

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple of really popular youtubers and i was in the same form class at school as somebody from byker grove.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I know one of the blokes from Son of Dork, but no one knows who they are anymore :p:
    OMG!! really?
    Son Of Dork were awesome

ReputationRep:
    Dame Kelly Holmes

ReputationRep:
    Haha the short answer is no.
    But I like a good teniuous link so...
    My friend's cousin lives up the road from Pixie Lott aaand my mum's cousin was in the original film of Oliver.
    Haha wow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewFromTheNorth)
    I know a couple of really popular youtubers and i was in the same form class at school as somebody from byker grove.

OMG! small world... its YOU!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh the girl from Angus Thongs and perfect snogging.

ReputationRep:
    gemma arterton......

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I vaguely know some famous people via my sister (who acts) inasmuch as I'm friends with them on Facebook and I've met them a couple of times. One person who's an international movie star :yep:

Pretty cool?

Edit to add, some kid from my secondary school has been on TV as a "hot prospect" for London 2012.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.