The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Alan Davies walked into my maths class once. We had a chat. And I saw Arg (yeah, THE James Argent) the other day. Tony Robinson. Loads of Eastenders actors. Lily Cole. Oh, and John Terry said thank you to me once. And I had a brief conversation with Anelka. Just about as exciting as my life gets :wink:
Reply 541
Original post by wtfCharlie

Sir Ian McKellan, Gerard Way, Jacqueline Wilson. Not bad :tongue:

Oh dang yeah, met him too.

Saw King Lear at the Esplanade and caught him at the stage exit. Walked with him up to get a taxi, needless to say its strange to see a knight wearing a casual suit and baseball shoes go and take a regular cabby. :smile:
Reply 542
Original post by atoms4peace
This kinda stems from the other topic i guess. Just wondering if youve met any celebrities irl?

Ive met sinbad out of brookside (hes also in corrie now, owns the chippie but i cant remember the name of his character). I met him at manchester airport about 4 years ago.

I met alex zane in august of last year when i was on a night out in newquay. I almost had a heart attack.

And i met Jimmy Carr on the 7th of march after seeing him live. he was really lovely actually.

I met Ant and Dec and they are funny :smile:
Reply 543
Dennis Bergkamp
Danny Dyer
Toure
Van Persie
rafeal van de vaart
tpain
florida
jls
wanted
most of the manchester united
Reply 545
I'm related to Pierce Brosnan but we haven't met and i doubt he knows we're related. Hardly anybody outside of my family believes me though :frown:
Reply 546
I've seen Moss from the IT crowd twice and met Lembit Opik when I was with my cousins. They were so rude to him and I was so embarrassed.
Original post by Ocassus
Oh dang yeah, met him too.

Saw King Lear at the Esplanade and caught him at the stage exit. Walked with him up to get a taxi, needless to say its strange to see a knight wearing a casual suit and baseball shoes go and take a regular cabby. :smile:

He's pretty awesome :smile: He hung out with us for a couple of hours :biggrin:

And we got photos!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I have met Gok Wan, Nick Jonas and Georgia from Angus, Thongs and Perfect snogging.
Reply 549
Uhm, Lewis Hamilton, went to school with one of Ian Wright's sons (not a famous one), so I met Ian Wright, Reece Ritchie (Actor - Lovely Bones), Lil' Chris, stood behind Zoe Ball in a queue in Selfridges once, and Mike Dred (Techno DJ & Producer) DJ'd at the bar I work at last night. Nice chap :smile:
Reply 550
Original post by harrietta
made a cup of tea for Bear Grylls

Sat on a table next to David Cameron in corfu a few years ago.
Does that count?

Bear grylls, cool!

How and where? lol

I could speak to him for ages
I met George Bush's brother, Neil Bush. Had a good chat to him about his children, especially is daughter who like me is called Lauren.

I was asked up on stage by Ronan Keating when I was 8... I was too shy though "/

I've also met Yao Ming the really tall Chinese basketball player who plays for The Houston Rockets.
Reply 552

He's pretty awesome :smile: He hung out with us for a couple of hours :biggrin:

And we got photos!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ah, you must have met him at a later point than me. I met him in 2006 I believe.
considering i live in california, yes i have. (but, the stereotype that all californians are either famous or know someone famous is completely untrue).
Original post by Ocassus
Ah, you must have met him at a later point than me. I met him in 2006 I believe.

Yeah, a couple of weeks back he visited my youth LGBT group :yay:
I've met:
Ne-yo
Kerry Hilson
Flawsless dance group @ dance show 2010
george lamb
Reply 556
Hugh Grant (<3) at an exclusive party in Portugal in summer 09, Bradley Walsh at a BBQ that same summer (also in Portugal)... eerrrrrm and some tennis people at the Vale Do Lobo Grand Champions after-party - Greg Rusedski, Thomas Muster, Henri Leconte etc.

All in all, 2009 was a fantastic summer :smile:
I met Jimmy Carr after a show of his in September and he was really lovely. He said that I looked 'kooky' and he recommended that I should see the Scott Pilgrim film that was showing at the time and I fell in love!:^_^:

I was once in a show with Dani Harmer who plays Tracy Beaker, and then a lot of other lesser known wannabes from appearing in panto.

Oh! And Antony from Blue! I've got a picture with him from when he visited my summer drama camp during his role in Blood Brothers. Also, Sylvia Young, if she counts...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 558
Not famous. But I walked straight past Alfie Enouch (Dean Thomas in Harry Potter) in Westminster, London.
It made me go :awesome: .. Like, what are the chances of a devoted Harry Potter fan like myself seeing someone from the cast?

But yeah.. had been cooler if had not been an 'extra', and rather Alan Rickman or something!
I met Paul O'Grady at the pub last night. True story.

Latest