Turn on thread page Beta

Have you met anyone famous? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've met Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day, although it was on stage so it was brief (still managed to kiss him though!). And I've met Paul Weller and Gem Archer from Oasis/Beady Eye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loonylottie)
    The Chuckle Brothers filmed along my street once! I remember when I was about 9 or 10 watching it and then being like :eek: THATS MY STREET! ''MUM'' ''what?'' ''LOOK THATS OUR STREET AND THE CHUCKLE BROTHER'S ARE ON IT WALKING, LOOK!'' ''okay.....that's nice dear'' ''No Mum you don't get it, the CHUCKLE BROTHERS have walked on the same street I'VE walked on!''
    Well that's my claim to fame! I think it's a pretty good one xx
    Haha nicely done :P

I go to the school that Greg Lake went to - my dad was a year or two below him there

ReputationRep:
    Simon Cowell - he's a don, came up to me and shook my hand

ReputationRep:
    Practically all of Belle & Sebastian

ReputationRep:
    the woman that plays lilian from shameless. used to chat to her at a caravan park when i was like 12 and was on holiday in england, never even realised till the other day that it was her

ReputationRep:
    The Phantom of the Opera :dance::gah:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ive met kirsten o'brien (the woman who was on that smart programme.
    I also met ben mills who was on the x factor.

ReputationRep:
    I met Patrick Wolf and his boyfriend in a shop.

Bring me the Horizon
    Little Boots
    Madina Lake
    Enter Shikari
    Simon from Inbetweeners
    Greg James

Stephen Fry was a speaker at my schools speech day.

and went to a private screening of Get Him to the Greek which was attended by Noel Gallagher, David Walliams, Russell Brand and Jonah Hill.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 9, I met Philip Pullman and imitated him in an interview role play. I've also sat next to Kim Clijsters at Wimbledon on one of the outside courts and bumped into Ana Ivanovic the same day. Best one was serving Kara Tointon breakfast when I worked in a hotel restaurant.

ReputationRep:

Justin Hawkins, and it's part of the reason I love the Darkness so much :P

ReputationRep:
    I once had dinner with Dean Macey. I didn't actually know who he was at the time, still don't really know now.

And when I say dinner, I mean school dinners, I was in Year 4. Something to do with my school's dinner lady being the best in London, for some reason, I was too young to remember / care

ReputationRep:
    Bob Geldof. He lives near me. He's an arrogant tosspot actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    my cousins husband is good friends with david mitchell
    I think I just came a little bit

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Richard O'Brien and Julia Roberts are the two biggies, naming other people like Craig David seems to lessen the coolness of the first two.

ReputationRep:
    Due to my job and hobbies, yes, name anyone and the chances are I've either personally shaken their hand or seen them up close at the very least.

From the likes of Sonia from Eastenders all the way through to Billy Connelly and Lee Evans, Kevin Spacey, David Cameron, Brown, Blair, The Queen and not even stopping at Beckham and Jazy Z, Rihanna and more recently Leona Lewis, Imran Khan (Dragon's Den) and Sir Alan Sugar.

But would you like to know what's such a kick in the teeth? After meeting all of these people.....I have only 2 autographs to show for it and a 3rd that was ruined by rain water.

I need to actually get these dude and dudettes to sign me off some more!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    :eek:

How? When? Where?

I'm jealous
    I got free tickets through work to a meal in Gateshead where he gave an after dinner speech and you got to get your photo taken with him and stuff.

He's the only cool person I've met though so I wouldn't be too jealous. Only others I've met are Dale Winton, Jordan, and Nick from the apprentice. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Bill Bailey.

ReputationRep:
    When I was in New York last year I met David Blaine and the guy who the movie Jarhead is based upon. Plus I know a few famous comedians like Jason Manford and Sarah Millican, and quite a few of the ones that have been on Michael McIntyre.

Not quite as cool as some people.

ReputationRep:
    Erm ,some are claim to fames.

George Harrison and Ringo Starr

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt (Brad Pitt gave me evils as i only had a piece of blank card for him to sign ha)

Alan Moore (comic writer)
    Neil Gaiman

Michelle Pfeifer
    Ricky Gervais
    Bill Bailey
    Simon Pegg
    Nick Frost
    Edgar Wright
    Jessica Stevenson (most of spaced cast including Colin the dog)

Claire Danes
    David Schwimmer
    Taylor Swift
    Imogen Heap
    Nerina Pallot

Most Buffy cast (i am a loser)
    Most Serenity/firefly cast (i repeat i am a loser)

an awful lot more but i cant remember. I used to take my disabled friend to premieres as she loved it and ended up getting a lot there. Its great but to be honest i do nothing with the autos, they just sit in a box

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.