Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I emailed a uni for a course that will be in clearing...help' watch

ReputationRep:
    I emailed a uni for a course, they said it'll be in clearing, how can I make sure I get it on results day, is there a way I can get it guaranteed? Should I email and take further action and ask for a guarantee, how can I go about doing this?

ReputationRep:
    Call them early on results day?

ReputationRep:
    i thought uni's didn't know the course will be in clearing until they got the results..?so uni's already know which courses are gonna be in clearing..?!?!

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it, unless you have results they can't guarentee. But if your showing interest so early on, they will see this favourably. Good luck XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    i thought uni's didn't know the course will be in clearing until they got the results..?so uni's already know which courses are gonna be in clearing..?!?!
    I suppose they have a good prediction of what will be there in clearing even though they don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    They might not have had much interest in that course at all before results come out i.e. have not filled many spaces therefore results won't change a thing.

ReputationRep:
    ring them on result day and check they have got your result to confirm your offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    ring them on result day and check they have got your result to confirm your offer.
    even if I meet their conditions, they don't have to give the course to me, there's the risk, I have to be released from my current firm. I don't know whether I should take the risk, what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    I went into course i didnt really want to do and although yes i enjoy it i wouldnt do it again. If you dont want to do your course thats your firm ask to be released now however first id ring the clearence uni and ask if they would be willing to accept you before clearing if you are released from your firm.

Good luck and do you mind saying which courses we are talking about

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.