Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does any one recommend any solutions for ipod conectivity in your car? I like the look of the cd ipod docks you can buy but they can be pricey.

Also, this is probably a stupid question but can you use any cd player in any car?

Tah

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you get a cheapish CD player with an aux socket then buy a wire that connects from the aux socket to your ipod. You may not even have to buy the wire as my dads ipod came with one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I might try that. Is the sound quality better that way than through the FM transmitter? Or is it the same?

ReputationRep:
    The other question is, is there any way you radio can start automatically when the engines started like other cars? It's annoying turning it on all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Far, FAR better than an FM transmitter. Only marginally less quality than playing straight off a CD. If you listen to high bitrate songs on your iPod then I doubt you'd notice the difference unless you're an audiophile.

ReputationRep:
    yh i bought a cd player with an aux. usb. and sdcard input. IT works great. there are nt many affordable ipod compatible units to be honest. I installed mine myself today barely knew what i was doing lol. But it works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    The aux-in headunits are not as good as the USB units. Mine has both. The aux-in sounds like **** and you have no controls with the headunit.

The USB plug will give you menu/library access through the headunit controls AND it charges the ipod. It also sounds better. USB is much better.

What is your budget?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.