Turn on thread page Beta

Am I leading a healthy lifestyle? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft7 and 130lbs and want to basically maintain this weight and to keep on improving my fitness.

I roughly eat between 1500 calories and 2000 calories a day [I don't count them religiously...I just wanted to check that I was eating enough] and I exercise for atleast 30 minutes a day. This involves either cycling on a stationary bike and cycling about 11 miles, which burns 300 calories atleast [according to the bike] or running about 4-5 miles which also burns about the same amount. As it's the summer, I've also been playing a lot of tennis and football too.

I always eat healthy food e.g. today I had porridge with dried apricots for breakfast, then a cheese baguette and a glass of milk for lunch, raw veg salad as a snack, lentil soup and a chapatti for dinner and a fruit salad as a snack. I eat medium sized portions.

I don't want to lose weight really, as once I dropped as low as 110lbs [at 5ft7.5] when I went crazy with my exercise [10k morning run and 10 miles of cycling daily]. Do you think that I'm eating enough to account for the exercise I do?

ReputationRep:
    You could probably add another 200cals on-top of that and also cut out the white bread (I'm assuming the baguette was white) apart from that, keep it up

ReputationRep:
    Depends who you believe, paleo types turn there noses up at grains and dairy.

Whether it's healthy, you're not unusual in having a high % of these only recently incorporated into the diet foods of mankind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    Depends who you believe, paleo types turn there noses up and grains and dairy.

Whether it's healthy, you're not unusual in having a high % of these only recently incorporated into the diet, foods of mankind.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    dried is like cooked, have proper fruit if you can.

ReputationRep:
    Try and hit 5k cals a day, and you're all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    Try and hit 5k cals a day, and you're all good.
    I like your style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed's sig)
    OMG, its another great one! :eek: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    wow, you do such a specific calculation. i just eat whatever i like including pretty much junk food, such as butter, cream, chocolate, drinking coca instead of water and etc... but i do sports quite often so i am still toned. i have never calculated anything on my food. you are definitely leading a healthy life, dear. :eek3:

only 1500 calories a day...i think you can absolutely add more calories in your daily diet.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.