Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've finished Yr13 and am waiting for A Level results.

I dont live to far from the uni I've got my firm with (Bedfordshire) so decided to commute everyday rather than stay in accomodation but now regretting it and dont think I can change my mind this year as i've sent off my finance form.

Is there any way to change this? Will all decent rooms in the accomodation be taken? Also I'm on holiday from Monday 21st - Tuesday 29th Sept missing the moving in weekend and start of freshers ... it's such a mess!!

Is anyone on here studying Media Production at Bedfordshire, by chance, either?

Look forward to hopefully seeing you all soon and good luck on results day all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HertsStudent)
    Hey,

I've finished Yr13 and am waiting for A Level results.

I dont live to far from the uni I've got my firm with (Bedfordshire) so decided to commute everyday rather than stay in accomodation but now regretting it and dont think I can change my mind this year as i've sent off my finance form.

Is there any way to change this? Will all decent rooms in the accomodation be taken? Also I'm on holiday from Monday 21st - Tuesday 29th Sept missing the moving in weekend and start of freshers ... it's such a mess!!

Is anyone on here studying Media Production at Bedfordshire, by chance, either?

Look forward to hopefully seeing you all soon and good luck on results day all!
    You'll get more of a response in Bedfordshire's forum I think. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing exactly what sort of demand any university will have for rooms this year, the applications hike will skew all the figures- best thing you can do is ask the university and see what they say. If it was up to me, I'd cancel a holiday or reschedule rather than missing Freshers Week. You're only a Fresher once after all...

ReputationRep:
    I've already paid for the holiday, though ... so that's £250 lost if I cancel.

Is there a Beds forum? I can't seem to find one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HertsStudent)
    I've already paid for the holiday, though ... so that's £250 lost if I cancel.

Is there a Beds forum? I can't seem to find one.
    There isn't a Beds forum on its own- but if you look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=309, the bottom bit is for all unis not listed there, you'll be likely to find more from that region in that part of the site.

I assume the travel agents aren't offering a re-arrangement fee? I remember four years ago six of us moved a holiday in order to make T in the Park, it cost us £30 a head, might be worth an ask.

ReputationRep:
    I can try but the friend I'm going with works full time at a bank and it's the only time she's got off. Gahhh in such a pickle over it all. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Good news!

Am sending off a change of circumstance form to Student Finance England ... they've said when they receive it they'll re-assess me so hopefully everything will go well there!

The Uni have said there are still accom places left so once I have £200 for the booking fee in next few days will send off an Application to them!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.