Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically i work as a part time sales associate with mothercare and they said it was ok to have a second job.
    I recently went for an interview and got the job for john lewis and i was wondering whether they are ok with people having another job.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think they are - Waitrose certainly don't mind as long as it doesnt get in the way etc. It might prevent you being given some overtime though as they could be worried about your stress levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rede121)
    Basically i work as a part time sales associate with mothercare and they said it was ok to have a second job.
    I recently went for an interview and got the job for john lewis and i was wondering whether they are ok with people having another job.
    Thanks
    didnt we already have this thread?

what happened to it?

ReputationRep:
    Deja vu here....

ReputationRep:
    haha i have no idea why this is here??!?! i just postted it before
    sorryy guys but thnks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rede121)
    Thanks
    hi! i have an interview tomoro, what was it like? (John Lewis) Did u just have one interview?

ReputationRep:
    john lewis partnership uses two interviews in person and a telephone interview (same process as waitrose) you have the telephone interview then a group interview then your final interview and then you find out if you get the job

but waitrose doesn't min you having a second job as long as they know you have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inziebaybee)
    hi! i have an interview tomoro, what was it like? (John Lewis) Did u just have one interview?
    Interview for what role?
    I have an interview on Friday for John Lewis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Interview for what role?
    I have an interview on Friday for John Lewis.
    erm, weekend sales assistant. Sya know what the interview is gonna consist of and is it just ONE interview. When I had an interview at waitrose there were like 2 or 3 interviews.

ReputationRep:
    erm, weekend sales assistant. Sya know what the interview is gonna consist of and is it just ONE interview. When I had an interview at waitrose there were like 2 or 3 interviews.
    I don't know what it'll be like but i'm pretty sure it will be more than 1/2 interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I've also got an interview coming up for John Lewis. I was just wondering if anybody knew how easy/difficult it is to transfer stores with them? I applied weeks ago and only just heard back today, and seeing as I'm going to uni in a month, I want to know if they'd be willing to have me during the holidays in London and let me work in Nottingham during term-time. I know people that have done this in other stores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    I've also got an interview coming up for John Lewis. I was just wondering if anybody knew how easy/difficult it is to transfer stores with them? I applied weeks ago and only just heard back today, and seeing as I'm going to uni in a month, I want to know if they'd be willing to have me during the holidays in London and let me work in Nottingham during term-time. I know people that have done this in other stores.
    I had my interview yesterday in a london store. Its for a weekend assistant. Before we even went upstairs, the lady said that the position offered is permenant, and that if anyone is here for a temporary position just for the summer that they should leave. If its advertised permenant then you have to stay, because they are filling up spaces from people who are leaving!. Oh by the way what store in london?

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview yesterday in a london store. Its for a weekend assistant. Before we even went upstairs, the lady said that the position offered is permenant, and that if anyone is here for a temporary position just for the summer that they should leave. If its advertised permenant then you have to stay, because they are filling up spaces from people who are leaving!. Oh by the way what store in london?
    Oxford Street. I don't want a temporary position, I want a permanent job- but I want to be able to work in the Notts John Lewis store during the term and Oxford St during the holidays. I know it's possible at other workplaces, I had a friend who transferred between Loughborough and Croydon when he was uni so I'm wondering if I can do it too. I don't know if I should ask them straight up at the interview or wait until I (hopefully) get the job, because I'll still take the position to be honest even if it's for a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    Oxford Street. I don't want a temporary position, I want a permanent job- but I want to be able to work in the Notts John Lewis store during the term and Oxford St during the holidays. I know it's possible at other workplaces, I had a friend who transferred between Loughborough and Croydon when he was uni so I'm wondering if I can do it too. I don't know if I should ask them straight up at the interview or wait until I (hopefully) get the job, because I'll still take the position to be honest even if it's for a few weeks.
    It will be hard to have a perm job just for holiday time at Oxford street as well as having a term time in Not. I was at a interview in JL Oxford street today [temp job], the turn out was more than expected and not many places for the role. Being in this current climate, I have doubts that they will take you on for holidays as it is very hard/competitive just for getting temporary jobs; so many people applying. But you can always try.

ReputationRep:
    I also have an interview with John Lewis.

was the interview hard?

what sort of tasks did you have to do?
    and did you get the job?

ReputationRep:
    Its an assessment and you do 3 things

1) Introduce yourself to everybody in the room
    2) A selling task, where you pick an item from a bucket and sell it back to the table and manager at your table.
    3) Team work - using words given you have to pick the best 5 that describe a good sales assistant.

Good luck working at John Lewis... don't step a foot wrong or they'll be on your case. The managers aren't the nicest of people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.