Turn on thread page Beta

Where did you buy your ghds? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya
    Just what the title says really...
    I'm considering investing in some and I really want to avoid any fake websites/losing all my money
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    i bought mine full price online to make sure they were the real deal. think it might have been www.hqhair.com, even if it wasn't, theirs are genuine.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.shoprush.co.uk/products/ghd/GHD%20Stylers

You can get them from Rush (the link above) they are a well known hair dressers

But I got mine from Ebay.. You just have to be careful you get real ones.. I have had mine for years now, and they are still in really good condition

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from hqhair.com too (actually it was their online outlet store), have had them for 3 years now with no issues. I think it may have come with a guarantee as well.

Personally I'd rather pay a bit more to buy from a reputable seller and at least be sure it's authentic, especially for something so expensive - there are a lot of fakes out there.

ReputationRep:
    Local hair salon, wandered down town and popped in, got a lovely bag too

ReputationRep:
    I got my last two pairs from my cousin 50pound they are great got the hot pink ones at the moment had them sence before christmass. I want the purple ones next. Good luck getting some they are VERY good dont know what i would do without mine!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend bought mine in Rush, you should be able to get them in most high end salons?

ReputationRep:
    My aunty got mine from QVC I think she said.

ReputationRep:
    A little of topic but, i want to get ghd's but ive heard a few times from friends that they break easily and dont last long

one of my friends actually said 'mine always break but i dont care, i just buy another pair, their expensive but worth it' i was like fair enough!

are they unreliable? i dont think their as bad as my friends say

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, well after research i found this one
    http://www.ghd-direct.com/
    what do you think...to good to be true?

the official ghd site says its 'valid' but im not completely sure what that means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flo_Ryder89)
    A little of topic but, i want to get ghd's but ive heard a few times from friends that they break easily and dont last long

one of my friends actually said 'mine always break but i dont care, i just buy another pair, their expensive but worth it' i was like fair enough!

are they unreliable? i dont think their as bad as my friends say
    Your friend must be really careless with them

I have had mine for years now.. and are still in really good condition.. only ting it they squeak a bit now lol when I use them :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you have old straighteners, some hair salons will give you a discount on GHDs if you trade them in - I think it's £20-30. They don't have to be GHDs, my mum traded in some old Babyliss ones and got the money off.

ReputationRep:
    There were some in my market today going for 60 quid.
    No fakes either. Official GHD's.

ReputationRep:
    Hair Salon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eli2ab3th)
    Your friend must be really careless with them

I have had mine for years now.. and are still in really good condition.. only ting it they squeak a bit now lol when I use them :p:
    yeah tbh the friend who was ALWAYS breaking them was a hair and beauty student and is the type of girl who is alsways doing her hair and pruning herself! she used them multiple times a day sooo yeah maybe a little heavy handed.

i personally didnt believe they were this bad anyway

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from Amazon, the purple ones :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from: www.jasonshankey.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    look around at hairdressers near you... i just got the cheapest ones at a local hairdresser, and they usually give you something free... they gave me free ghd protection spray and some bag :yes:

ReputationRep:
    hqhair.com

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from the actual GHD website. Got some free shampoo and a couple of hair products too, and a cool purple bag.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.