Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from my hairdressers because they buy them from suppliers he gave them to me the price the hairdressers paid which was cheaper than i would have had to have paid in a shop or online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    There were some in my market today going for 60 quid.
    No fakes either. Official GHD's.
    I don't get why people like you think you're funny... :|

Anyway, I got mine from a local hairdressers.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Flo_Ryder89)
    A little of topic but, i want to get ghd's but ive heard a few times from friends that they break easily and dont last long

one of my friends actually said 'mine always break but i dont care, i just buy another pair, their expensive but worth it' i was like fair enough!

are they unreliable? i dont think their as bad as my friends say
    Yeah I've heard that too :dontknow: I'm actually considering Corioliss as an alternative; I've heard they're much better than GHDs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle88)
    I don't get why people like you think you're funny... :|

Anyway, I got mine from a local hairdressers.
    :confused: They genuinely were. I had a look myself. There were pink, black and gold ones. There were only about 5 of them though.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: They genuinely were. I had a look myself. There were pink, black and gold ones. There were only about 5 of them though.
    Whatttt??!!
    How did you know they were real...?!
    I thought you were trying to be sarcy haha
    It's hard ot believe there are real GHDs on a market though...

ReputationRep:
    I got mine free from my aunt.

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother, they're VERY over hyped. I didn't find them better than any other ceramics I've used, and I prefer my old school Remington Wet2straights tbh.

ReputationRep:
    There were some in my market today going for 60 quid.
    No fakes either. Official GHD's.
    How do you know they were genuine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flo_Ryder89)
    A little of topic but, i want to get ghd's but ive heard a few times from friends that they break easily and dont last long

one of my friends actually said 'mine always break but i dont care, i just buy another pair, their expensive but worth it' i was like fair enough!

are they unreliable? i dont think their as bad as my friends say
    This is true, you need to buy a new pair about once a year. Like your friend said they are worth it. All the girls in my family use GHD's and everyone's break after a year or so.

You can get them from markets iv seen them, although personally i wouldnt buy anything so expencive, or anything eletrical from a market, but its up to you really.

ReputationRep:
    Whatttt??!!
    How did you know they were real...?!
    I thought you were trying to be sarcy haha
    It's hard ot believe there are real GHDs on a market though...
    They had the official seals - except for the one box that was used to prove that they were real. It had all the warranty and guarantee papers. No dodgy logo or knock off designs. They were some limited edition ones.

ReputationRep:
    They had the official seals - except for the one box that was used to prove that they were real. It had all the warranty and guarantee papers. No dodgy logo or knock off designs. They were some limited edition ones.
    Is there a hologram near the switch on them?

ReputationRep:
    I buy mine from my local hair salon.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by seleneybob)
    This is true, you need to buy a new pair about once a year. Like your friend said they are worth it. All the girls in my family use GHD's and everyone's break after a year or so.

You can get them from markets iv seen them, although personally i wouldnt buy anything so expencive, or anything eletrical from a market, but its up to you really.
    Personally if I paid £100 for something I would expect it to last longer than a year...

ReputationRep:
    There are none of your description on the GHD official website
    Gold ones I mean

ReputationRep:
    I have had mine over 2 years and they still work great, i have tried alot of straighteners and the only ones which have came near to comparing are the CHI ones

ReputationRep:
    Is there a hologram near the switch on them?
    Erm I didn't look at that tbh. But I know they were the GHD Rare and GHD Purple Limited Edition. There was also a pink one don't know the name.

That stall is quite the power seller - it gets some good stuff. It could just be possible that they managed to get a hold of a few at some low prices. Even the salons will get them dirt cheap.

ReputationRep:
    There are none of your description on the GHD official website
    Gold ones I mean
    Not all gold. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    And the website only has 4 models on it atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seleneybob)
    I got my last two pairs from my cousin 50pound they are great got the hot pink ones at the moment had them sence before christmass. I want the purple ones next. Good luck getting some they are VERY good dont know what i would do without mine!
    I have the purple ones got them from QVC

ReputationRep:
    Think I got mine on the actual GHD website.

ReputationRep:
    i borught mine from my hairdressers 3 years ago , but you know at shopping centres people set up stalls selling hair products like straughtners and curlers, some of them are reeeeally good
    like jose eber and amika etc, and theyr much cheaper than on the website although they do say its X price for today only thats rubbish, but still cheaper than what it would cost you and i think theyr amazing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.