Turn on thread page Beta

Where did you buy your ghds? watch

ReputationRep:
    i got mine from tescosss but that was about three years ago and they havent ever brocken on me soo
    hana
    quote back for reply

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from my local hairdressers but the pair I got before that were from the ghd site.

ReputationRep:
    if you want to be certain they arent fake, buy them from the ghd website

ReputationRep:
    actual ghd website and before that off of ebay-but it was in like 2002 so there wouldn't have been many scammers around

ReputationRep:
    A hair dressers, I also got a nifty bag :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i got my first pair from a hair saln, 5 years later, my second pair, from www.uk-ghds.co.uk were fake, had the hologram and everything on, phoned to verify them and they were fake.
    just got a REAL pair for only £10 more than the fake ones from http://www.haircareheaven.co.uk
    they are official retailers of ghd and selling them for £89 at the moment with free delivery in 2 days

ReputationRep:
    Uhh i believe they were from my local hairdressers. Thats probs the best place to get em, i never like buying things online (Well i didnt buy em but my mum got em from there )

ReputationRep:
    I do not own any, however the official ghd site's ghds are legit

ReputationRep:
    to whoever said they have to get a new pair every year- thats rubbish, they have a 2year warrenty to ghd will fix or replace any ones that break within that warrenty.
    sadly mine broke after 5!! years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
    I do not own any, however the official ghd site's ghds are legit
    orly?

I'd suggest only buy them from a trusted salon/official site. One of my friends sells some not-so-legit GHDs, which actually next to his sister's ones have absolutely no visual difference (I actually checked every mm in astonishment).

ReputationRep:
    From my hairdressers.

Had them for just over 2 years with no problems whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    ASOS.com

ReputationRep:
    I bought mine and a local hairdressers when GHD did the £20 discount if you hand in your old straightners.

So got them for £100.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from Ebay . They are definitely legitimate, they have the hologram by the switch. Cant remember how long I have had them for, but they cost me £80.

ReputationRep:
    Bought mine two years ago from a hairdresses somewhere with a mate, bought that summer giftset with the carry bag and the the pouch with the free shampoo, conditioner and spray and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeSiFiEd)
    orly?

I'd suggest only buy them from a trusted salon/official site. One of my friends sells some not-so-legit GHDs, which actually next to his sister's ones have absolutely no visual difference (I actually checked every mm in astonishment).
    sorry i wasn't trying to be patronising! it's just that if you want to buy ghds there's no point trying to find somewhere else that sells them when you're unsure they'll be legit when you could have bought them from the official site. I know the official site also lists sites that have been checked by GHD to be legit too

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't be breaking every year? I've had mine nearly two years with no problem, and I have actually dropped them numerous times...I'm so clumsy. My sister has had hers three years with no problem either.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from my hairdresser.
    Had them nearly 6 years now.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.