Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesssa)
    which of these?

LENOVO IdeaPad S12
    ACER Aspire One 751
    Dell Inspiron Mini 12
    Samsung NC20
    I think in comparison to each other, the Acer seems to have a relatively poor battery life whereas the Samsung has a very good battery life...

The LENOVO IdeaPad is relatively new and it looks really good....

they all have their pros and cons, I'd probably go for the Samsung or the Dell but it depends what you want from the netbook...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I think in comparison to each other, the Acer seems to have a relatively poor battery life whereas the Samsung has a very good battery life...

The LENOVO IdeaPad is relatively new and it looks really good....

they all have their pros and cons, I'd probably go for the Samsung or the Dell but it depends what you want from the netbook...
    well i just want the longest possible battery life,
    and all Ill use it for
    is internet
    music
    films
    word processing...

I actually thought that the acer had the longest battery life...

ReputationRep:
    well i just want the longest possible battery life,
    and all Ill use it for
    is internet
    music
    films
    word processing...

I actually thought that the acer had the longest battery life...
    The Acer is relatively average in its battery life, however it's build isn't great...
    If you want the longest battery life go for something like the Eee PC 1000HE, which is cheaper than the Acer and Asus claim it has a battery life of 9 hours, it's probably less than that but not by much...
    But if you don't want to go for something like the Eee PC, then the Samsung would probably work well, comes with 6 cell battery as standard as opposed to 3 cells and it looks pretty too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    The Acer is relatively average in its battery life, however it's build isn't great...
    If you want the longest battery life go for something like the Eee PC 1000HE, which is cheaper than the Acer and Asus claim it has a battery life of 9 hours, it's probably less than that but not by much...
    But if you don't want to go for something like the Eee PC, then the Samsung would probably work well, comes with 6 cell battery as standard as opposed to 3 cells and it looks pretty too
    Eee PC 1000HE small screen I want a 12...so I guess Ill go for the samsung or dell...lenovo I heard is rather fragile

ReputationRep:
    Eee PC 1000HE small screen I want a 12...so I guess Ill go for the samsung or dell...lenovo I heard is rather fragile
    yeah the Eee PC does have a 10" screen...
    Have a look at the Samsung and the Dell's specs and price and you should find it easier to decide

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.