Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anybody tell me what the food's like at International Hall?
    Thanks!
    ps. Are the rooms as small as they look in the pictures?

ReputationRep:
    The food is okish, somethings are bad, most is ok.

Usually there is chicken, you can always trust the chicken!

IH chicken is what it is all about

Yea the rooms are like prison cells... But you get used to them.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks. Good news about the food, less so about the rooms but hopefully i'll get used to it!

ReputationRep:
    ps. how much do guests have to pay per night if they want to stay over? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ringthealarm)
    ps. how much do guests have to pay per night if they want to stay over? Thanks.
    £1.50

And you are supposed to sign them in before midnight.

ReputationRep:
    ah ok that's pretty cheap then!
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob 106)
    £1.50

And you are supposed to sign them in before midnight.
    is it really only £1.50?! things i was looking at were saying about £40

ReputationRep:
    i was wondering what the internet situation is at the international hall?

Is there wi-fi available anywhere? In the rooms?

Also is it possible to have your own connection in your room and how much does it cost?

many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I was also wondering, when you accept the offer for your place at international hall, when do you have to pay the deposit?..

Also as you need a debit/credit card to accept the offer, however, mine is arriving next week but i have to accept the offer by wednesday. Is it possible to use my mum's card? And then change it later?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

The rooms at International are not massive, but certainly aren't any smaller than other University accommodation. Besides which there are so many common areas to be in International Hall, the time spent in your room is not so significant.

Food is always a subjective thing, but certainly there is more choice at International than any of the other Halls due to its size, and we get very few complaints about it. Any suggestions about menu items can always be raised with the Catering staff, as they want people to be happy.

Internet-wise there is a wired connection in each student bedroom, and wireless in the bar and Costa Coffee. The connection is governed by a set of regulations which need to be understood. Most of it is quite standard stuff about illegality, offensive content etc, but it is important to know that peer-to-peer file sharing is not permitted and there is a limit of 7Gb traffic per week.

The deposit must be paid at the time you accept the offer. You accept the contract online and it takes you through the payment process. If your parents wish to make the payment they can do.

Hope this helps!

David

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Stephens)
    Hi all

The rooms at International are not massive, but certainly aren't any smaller than other University accommodation. Besides which there are so many common areas to be in International Hall, the time spent in your room is not so significant.

Food is always a subjective thing, but certainly there is more choice at International than any of the other Halls due to its size, and we get very few complaints about it. Any suggestions about menu items can always be raised with the Catering staff, as they want people to be happy.

Internet-wise there is a wired connection in each student bedroom, and wireless in the bar and Costa Coffee. The connection is governed by a set of regulations which need to be understood. Most of it is quite standard stuff about illegality, offensive content etc, but it is important to know that peer-to-peer file sharing is not permitted and there is a limit of 7Gb traffic per week.

The deposit must be paid at the time you accept the offer. You accept the contract online and it takes you through the payment process. If your parents wish to make the payment they can do.

Hope this helps!

David
    thank you very much, its been great help. will you be at international hall this year? what you studying?..

Also, what is the times food is served for breakfast and dinner?.. and can u give me a few exmaples of the food served if that no problem.

thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR King)
    thank you very much, its been great help. will you be at international hall this year? what you studying?..

Also, what is the times food is served for breakfast and dinner?.. and can u give me a few exmaples of the food served if that no problem.

thanks again.
    I'm the Bursar at International Hall, so I will certainly be there!

Breakfast is normally served between 7.30am and 9.30am, and dinner between 5.30pm and 7.30pm.

If you let me know your email address I can send you a sample menu. It's a bit out of date, as these things evolve all the time, but it will at least give you an idea.

David

ReputationRep:
    I'm the Bursar at International Hall, so I will certainly be there!

Breakfast is normally served between 7.30am and 9.30am, and dinner between 5.30pm and 7.30pm.

If you let me know your email address I can send you a sample menu. It's a bit out of date, as these things evolve all the time, but it will at least give you an idea.

David
    Thanks. Do we need to get a TV license if we put a TV in our room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR King)
    Thanks. Do we need to get a TV license if we put a TV in our room?
    Legally speaking, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Legally speaking, yes.
    I bet loads of people dont.. whats the chances of being caught?.. Also how could they prove you are using it to watch tv and not connecting using it for a game console or connecting it to your laptop for a bigger screen.. also if you were caught would you get a caution first?

ReputationRep:
    Is there really a Costa Coffee shop in the building??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ringthealarm)
    Is there really a Costa Coffee shop in the building??
    There is, and it's considerably cheaper than the high street.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.