Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I go from being a gym junkie calorie counting maniac to doing no exercise and eating vast quantities of chocolate, I swing in and out of these phases all the time, and I just don't think it’s healthy; I want to strike a happy medium, finally!

Height: 5"0
    Weight: 52kg

I would like to lose about 10k & "tone" in particular my stomach area (I know you cannot spot reduce!)

I guess what I'm asking is;

How often and what type of exercise should I be doing? And what’s a typical diet I should consume?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i was just about to do the same joke...

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for actual advice thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same height as you and only 4 kilos less... so subscribes

ReputationRep:
    Losing 10kg is no mean feat. All I can suggest is that you factor in some HIIT and resistance training, eat about 4-6 times a day to boost your metabolism and finally sort your diet - which includes finding your BMR, then taking 1000 off that (unless is gives you a figure under 1200 in which case you just have 1200). When you start to slow down, increase your cals and change your exercise routine.

For me personally, it is becoming a way of life. I have thought about eating the way I used to but then I remember the way I became by eating that way. So I've got some way to go, but on the right path - you just need to find that path.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.