• View Poll Results: Mind it
    Yes
    11.43%
    No
    78.57%
    I iz a rudeboi/rudegal
    10.00%

ReputationRep:
    Alot of remixes and original rap songs contain profanities and are targeted at teenagers, so if you listen to these songs, do your parents notice and do they mind it? cheers

ReputationRep:
    They stopped minding after i reached the age of 12...

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't care at all, considering in my house there is never a sentence that passes without profanity, it's openly accepted thank god :P:

ReputationRep:
    No... not at all... they moan about volume and bass though.

ReputationRep:
    seriously?

ReputationRep:
    No, my mother bought me an eminem cd when I was about 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackmb)
    No, my mother bought me an eminem cd when I was about 10.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    No why would she care, it's me who listens to it not her. It's not like I'm 5.

ReputationRep:
    Not since i was very young

ReputationRep:
    I got a Slipknot cd when I was 12... "**** it all, **** this world, **** everything that you stand for, don't belong, don't exist, don't give a ****, don't ever judge me!"

Those were the days

In answer to your question... they didn't care 10 years ago and they certainly don't care now lol.

ReputationRep:
    They're not bothered. I think they're more irritated by the beat of the songs than the lyrics.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Tenacious D set the stage for it being ok. And anyway, my 6 year old cousin listens to Tenacious D, so why can't I?

ReputationRep:
    They used to get a bit annoyed when my bro was growing up, but I think they've acknowledged now that he's no angel, and have accepted it.

No.

It's like asking 'do your parents get annoyed if you watch tv/films with swear words in?' Well, of course not, very few people will say yes.

ReputationRep:
    no, because music that has swear words in, is generally hip hop, r & b and rap, which is crap anyway:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they're both fine with it.

ReputationRep:
    Any lyrics just hover above my parent's heads'. They never notice and I'm so glad. I remember sitting in the car with my dad and 'candy shop' came on. Had he caught the lyrics, the atmosphere would have been ghastly and plain awkward! But I suppose if they did hear swear words, they'd tut at most but not really say anything lol.

ReputationRep:
    no but thats because i dont listen to music with predominantly swear words in them so if the odd one comes up now and again who are they to say dont listen to that..that would be pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    THE GAME!
    Are you thinking about it? You lose
    AH MAN!!, not again... (do you play the rule where you have to say it out loud)... Just made my brother lose

But about the music, they dont mine me listening to it, but they would rather not have me blasting it out of my window into a street full of children. :P

ReputationRep:
    I wore a slipknot t-shirt when I was 14. It took her about 6 months to realise it had '**** everything, **** this world, **** everything that you stand for' written on the back haha. She cringed, but at that age, you can't stop kids expressing themselves.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.