Turn on thread page Beta

bleaching over highlighted hair watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i don't know if this has been mentioned before, have looked but can't seem to find anything!
    i have hightlighted hair done at the hairdressers to the extreme - the highlights are so fine i have practically bleach blond hair
    and i love it!
    but going to uni (hopefully) and all i really can't afford £70 every six weeks!!
    i wanted to know if its going to be possible to bleach my hair myself, even though i know its not recommended
    i am just worried as i still have some fine streaks of light brown, so if i bleach all my hair will my already blonde bits go funny or fall out?
    really don't want to go back brown

ReputationRep:
    I bleached my hair when it was already highlighted and it was fine... just made the highlighted bits go a bit blonder. Make sure you chose a pre-lightener or something similar when doing it yourself rather than a dye, because otherwise it wont work.

ReputationRep:
    Just bleach your roots and let the blonder bits grow out. Doing a full head of bleach isn't going to do your hair any good, especially as it's already been bleached before.

ReputationRep:
    thank you!
    could you recommend a pre-lightener?

ReputationRep:
    I used Garnier Nutirsse Blonde prelightener
    there are different levels to choose from depending on how light you want it... hope that helps

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.