Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obsessivex)
    I actually saw that but didn't really want to get into it. I canot agree more, the idea of not being clear about anything like that for even a few seconds terrifies me.
    Yeah, more than your sanity's worth. I couldn't agree with you more, about that being completely terrifying. Yay for not being the only one. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwantanicecreamvan)
    ...religious reasons or moral reasons?

Just interested in different opinions.
    I basically don't like the taste of spirits, hate beer and cider and lager, and find alcopops too sickly sweet.

But I suppose the main issue is I hate the idea of not being in control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    I didn't bother reading that thread because I knew if I posted that would happen to me. I assume its full of people boasting about the drugs they've taken?
    YES. :woo: Stating this fact made me narrow-minded, naive and judgemental. I wasn't able to successfully explain to anyone how rhyming off a huge list of all of the drugs you've done was boasting and not simply "stating facts". Come on!. Apparently I was the only one who could see that. I hate when such people talk to you in annoyingly condescending manner, like you know absolutely nothing, because of the fact you don't love getting off your face on horse tranquilisers. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    I'm giving up alcohol :dontknow: I hate what I become when I drink, and I have so so many regrets because of stuff I've done, that I would never ever do while sober, it's got me into some terrible situations and I hate the way I became reliant on it for a while :dry:
    Personally I think I have to go teetotal now :nn:
    Good for you :yy:

(Original post by oh_adele)
    Yeah, more than your sanity's worth. I couldn't agree with you more, about that being completely terrifying. Yay for not being the only one. :o:
    Aww It is a horrible thought though, I do hope I never have to experience it.

ReputationRep:
    I personally dont drink because of various reasons;
    First of all I hate not having a clear mind, thats also why I dont take any drugs.
    Second of all alcohol makes me tired.Third I save a lot of money and fourth it makes u fat unless u feel like joining in on the coke round..
    To be fair I am a very outgoing person and I dont need any alcohol to make me flirty or talkative..most friends who go out with me the first time cant belive that I haven't hat any alcohol caus they could never be that open without it

ReputationRep:
    YES. :woo: Stating this fact made me narrow-minded, naive and judgemental. I wasn't able to successfully explain to anyone how rhyming off a huge list of all of the drugs you've done was boasting and not simply "stating facts". Come on!. Apparently I was the only one who could see that. I hate when such people talk to you in annoyingly condescending manner, like you know absolutely nothing, because of the fact you don't love getting off your face on horse tranquilisers. Ugh.
    I don't have a problem with people doing what they want to do with drugs/alcohol but I hate when people seem to think you're boring or don't know anything about "the real world" because you don't want to do it yourself. People who think you need to drink alcohol to have a life really aggravate me, I don't try to persuade people not to drink so they shouldn't try to persuade me to drink :mad: I've had so many people tell me I won't have a good time at uni or won't make friends because I don't drink :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I just... well... don't drink. Don't see the point in poisoning yourself just to get a little more relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    Good for you :yy:

Aww It is a horrible thought though, I do hope I never have to experience it.
    Me too. :yes: Have you seen Night Cops? ... they have to go around arresting girls who are peeing in the gutter, out of their tree on something or other, legless, yet the kebab stays firmly in hand all of the way to the police van. Class-y.

Someone on this thread just gave me +rep for not being a druggie :p: but didn't leave their name. who are you, phantom rep giver?

ReputationRep:
    Me too. :yes: Have you seen Night Cops? ... they have to go around arresting girls who are peeing in the gutter, out of their tree on something or other, legless, yet the kebab stays firmly in hand all of the way to the police van. Class-y.

Someone on this thread just gave me +rep for not being a druggie :p: but didn't leave their name. who are you, phantom rep giver?
    Nope, I'm afraid I haven't. Sounds lovely though :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that wasn't me, I probably would have given you mine if I hadn't already used it today. It's not like mine makes much of a difference anyway :o:

ReputationRep:
    friend is religious so he doesn't drink

ReputationRep:
    I had to stop drinking because im intolerant and the doctor has banned it. I was gutted at first but I have realised that I will safe money so its ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    I don't have a problem with people doing what they want to do with drugs/alcohol but I hate when people seem to think you're boring or don't know anything about "the real world" because you don't want to do it yourself. People who think you need to drink alcohol to have a life really aggravate me, I don't try to persuade people not to drink so they shouldn't try to persuade me to drink :mad: I've had so many people tell me I won't have a good time at uni or won't make friends because I don't drink :rolleyes:
    Well, they're just talking b ...lackcurrant and lemonade. :p: People who need to drink to have a good time are the naive, immature ones, in my humble opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Predominantly religious reasons with a slight touch of morality too.

ReputationRep:
    Some girl I know doesn't drink. She does it because she thinks she's upper class and above it all, when in actual fact, she is a social recluse who doesn't have a job and sponges off her parents.

She's one of them people who I can't wait to see fail - because at university she is going to go from totally dependant to totally self sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    I've never drank alcohol before because of religious reasons.
    I used to wonder what it was like when I was younger but as I got older I saw friends talking about their experiences (ie. friends ending up really far from home, alone, at night with no money 'cos they spent it all on booze) and that totally took my curiosity away.

ReputationRep:
    Because he doesn't want to prove his sister right that one day he will. Seriously! I think he should man up and stop being so stubborn, but meh. He's not religious or anything.

ReputationRep:
    A friend - for fitness / general health.

ReputationRep:
    Well, they're just talking b ...lackcurrant and lemonade. :p: People who need to drink to have a good time are the naive, immature ones, in my humble opinion.
    completely agree :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm afraid I haven't. Sounds lovely though :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that wasn't me, I probably would have given you mine if I hadn't already used it today. It's not like mine makes much of a difference anyway :o:
    Awww. That's sweet of you, though I didn't do anything to deserve it. :shy2: I guess the repper doesn't want to be known. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Um,
    I had my drink spiked a year back, which I had a severe allergic reaction to and almost died.

It's put me off drinking alcohol.
    That aside its fattening, costs way too much (add up all those many 'cheap drinks' nights you may end up attending over a month), and i don't like looking slightly yellow the next day.
    Also, it can be entertaining being the sober member of a drinking group of people.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.