Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my brother doesn't drink, and never has (I don't think he has ever tried it). He just sees it as pointless, which is fair enough.

I think tee-totallers are seen as odd or boring, but I don't know why. In my opinion those who tend to need a drink to have fun or want to get wasted are ususally the most boring people I have met. However I think thats a seperate issue.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not old enough for a start. However, that doesn't stop people my age drinking, but I choose not to due to a mix of health, social and religious reasons. I live a healthy lifestyle and alcohol isn't part of that. Socially I don't need to drink, I can have a good time without it, and would be worried if I couldn't enjoy myself without drinking. The religious reasons are personal and I'd rather not go into detail about those.

ReputationRep:
    my friend says he doesn't like the taste, which is silly in my opinion, if you don't like it you obviously haven't drunk enough

ReputationRep:
    I drink whenever I'm in the mood really. Not that I'm totally dependent on drink, but if you have some in moderation every now and again it can actually be quite fun/relaxing. :yes:

Totally despise those who have to just go and ruin parties with obscene amounts of drink, nudity and vomit. You know those who totally rely on drink just to have a decent conversation? Well, they're simply retarded recluses. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to lose my grip on reality - it's an idea James Randi espouses, and I agree. I want to find the joy that's in life normally, not through beer goggles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)

:rolleyes:

You will have fun at university then with that very naive attitude of yours. I think you will be shocked at the amount of people who want to possibly try something different. I wouldn't be too shocked if your 'friends' were part of that.

Oh, that old chestnut. I'm perfectly aware of how many people want to try drugs, or feel they should because "their friends do". I live on a council estate, for Christ's sake, I see drugs on a daily basis. I also see how many people try heroin "recreationally", and end up hooked, homeless and a complete ******* mess. Just because someone disagrees with drug taking doesn't mean they're out of touch with reality, that's a pathetic argument. I don't understand how you can be so blasé - "try something new" WTF is that about? It's not French cheese or sky diving, it's hard drugs. Maybe you're the naive one for "trying something new" and assuming that you're going to be 100% fine. You're going to get judged every day of your life, I suggest you get used to it.

Seeing as you've resorted to crappy animations, I'll assume you have no consistent argument. /conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Oh, that old chestnut. I'm perfectly aware of how many people want to try drugs, or feel they should because "their friends do". I live on a council estate, for Christ's sake, I see drugs on a daily basis. I also see how many people try heroin "recreationally", and end up hooked, homeless and a complete ******* mess. Just because someone disagrees with drug taking doesn't mean they're out of touch with reality, that's a pathetic argument. I don't understand how you can be so blasé - "try something new" WTF is that about? It's not French cheese or sky diving, it's hard drugs. Maybe you're the naive one for "trying something new" and assuming that you're going to be 100% fine. You're going to get judged every day of your life, I suggest you get used to it.

Seeing as you've resorted to crappy animations, I'll assume you have no consistent argument. /conversation.
    You seem to be getting your wires crossed here. You became judgemental on the other thread, and now you talk of heroin.. but as I remember there were only six people who had admitted to taking heroin (which could also be a troll vote.) The majority of students won't take drugs such as that. And you don't know me either, at the moment the only 'drug' I have used is marijuana which I would hardly call a drug. Alcohol and tobacco are worse for you than weed, which therefore means that you look down on anyone who drinks or smokes too, right?

You can disagree with drug taking, but to change your perceptions on other people simply because they have tried drugs, makes you a foolish person. I'm going to get judged for something which I do rarely? No, I won't. Because the people I converse with aren't such petty people that they think someone is less of person for simply trying drugs. Your parents have probably tried weed at some point, will you disown them if this is the case?

You seem to be misconstruing every point of mine, no doubt you will do the same with this post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)

I'm sorry but this bit made me laugh; people who take drugs are obviously the ones out of touch with reality, a lot (I'm not saying all) take drugs to get away from the harsh reality that is life :/

ReputationRep:
    I've never drank - I just like being in control of my thought processes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    Why do you don't use grammer?
    Is that purposely ironic?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks, wine and beer are the worst. I like mojito and certain other cocktails, but that's about it. Actually I prefer Diet Coke to any alcoholic drink...

ReputationRep:
    It seems the main reason is "I can have a good time without alcohol."
    As if anyone who drinks relies on it to have a good time, I can have a god time without money, but wouldn't turn down a million.

And if they can't have a good time without alcohol, should you really be looking down on them? they might have some problems.

DRINK

ReputationRep:
    i was grown up in a Muslim environment, so that was a no go for me, going uni next year, will most likely start lightly! (not muslim anymore, just so you know lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortRef)
    Just you or everyone?

Thats stupid IMO. Why do you beleive wine is better for your health?

Just me, I know lots of people who genuinely like alcohol. Nothing wrong with it.

Wine is good for the heart so I hear. And beer is not wholly bad for you either. Both in moderation only of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    You seem to be getting your wires crossed here. You became judgemental on the other thread, and now you talk of heroin.. but as I remember there were only six people who had admitted to taking heroin (which could also be a troll vote.) The majority of students won't take drugs such as that. And you don't know me either, at the moment the only 'drug' I have used is marijuana which I would hardly call a drug. Alcohol and tobacco are worse for you than weed, which therefore means that you look down on anyone who drinks or smokes too, right?

You can disagree with drug taking, but to change your perceptions on other people simply because they have tried drugs, makes you a foolish person. I'm going to get judged for something which I do rarely? No, I won't. Because the people I converse with aren't such petty people that they think someone is less of person for simply trying drugs. Your parents have probably tried weed at some point, will you disown them if this is the case?
    I think you're the one with your wires crossed. If you actually took the time to read my posts in that other thread before jumping in on this one, you'll have observed that I was jumped on in the first place for being against people rhyming off all of the drugs they'd done in an attempt to get some TSR cool points. (Which was completely obvious, and pretty pathetic.) Not, for being against people taking drugs. & a lot of people in that thread bragged about doing drugs all of the time, not just "trying" them once. There were also a lot of people in that thread who admitted to cocaine and the like. You can't say that they're not just as hard as heroin? They can get off their faces on whatever-the-hell they like, but when they start using it to look "mature" and "cool", it's a bit much. Those people are starkly different from someone who's had a puff of a spliff, and in my opinion, deserve to be judged. I think less of anyone who chooses to flood their body with illegal drugs (repeatedly) when there are people fighting for their lives in hospitals and hospices all over the world.

Taking drugs doesn't mean you have a more accurate perception of reality and "the real world" than those who don't take drugs, or those who attempt to distance themselves from people who do, which is what you were implying. That was what really annoyed me. The only time in that thread when I even mentioned people getting judged, was when I was told I had to try drugs before I could be against them. To which my reply was "How about I pass and judge you anyway? :awesome:" which someone else than jumped on, probably not reading the previous posts, and then someone else, who probably hadn't read my original post or any of my responses, apart from the last. Within minutes I was judging everyone who had ever taken drugs and was naive and stupid. Which is exactly what you did on this thread.

I read every reply to my posts thoroughly before replying, and don't take kindly to people judging me, whilst telling me not to judge other people.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody I know is allergic to it so naturally drinking it would be foolish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortRef)
    Just you or everyone?

Thats stupid IMO. Why do you beleive wine is better for your health?

Oh and I meant force it down jokingly. I've drunk wine that I've liked.

ReputationRep:
    Partly religious, partly I don't want to.
    I've a wierd habit of drinking nothing but water. So boring I am. o.O - I have a feeling I'm going to have to kick the habit when I get to uni for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Friend of mine, he doesn't like all the calories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    Not really
    What's your reason then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.