Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello friends,

I'm 20 and going to be a postgrad Law Masters student at UOB this Sept....woop woop! Now because I am a Brit, they have told me I am probably not going to be blessed with an campus room...MEH! SOOOOO I am looking elsewhere. I ideally want to live in halls as I loved halls in my first year at Lancaster and it is the best way to meet some people as i know NO-ONE in Bham. Plus I would like an ensuite

So far it is IQ and Opal. Plus Studios51 look immense but I am sure that the clever marketing and pretty website is just luring me in.

Obviously Studios51 is a bit of a trek away... Basically I need some guidance! Of course I will dish out some trusty rep.

GO GO GO!!

ReputationRep:
    You could also try Liberty Living. I'm going to be staying at Queens Hospital Close (now known as Liberty Close) for my 2nd year and my 1st year was great.

Most of the rooms are Ensuite. Although its not on campus, its right by 5 ways rail station, one station away from the University. Theres also a canal running by QHC which you can walk/bike to the campus or the main university accommodation.

The rooms in QHC are a bit on the small side, but it makes up for it with a massive living room and kitchen (as compared to IQ5, which in my opinion was just shocking in the kitchen size. Theres not really anywhere to sit...

Heres a link to the main Liberty Living website, though be warned, the website is pretty too :P

http://www.libertyliving.co.uk/city_...ity=Birmingham

Ideally you want to travel up and take a look around before making your choice!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I lived on the Vale for my first year, but I do know Birmingham well anyway. Opal is a fairly tall tower block at the big mcdonalds crossing (sorry, don't actually know the name of the crossing, that's just what we call it! I think you'd have to get the train from five ways station though, because that's a pretty long walk to the uni. IQ Five seems pretty swanky to me, but again, you'd have to train it to university station.
    Have you looked at the Unite halls in Birmingham? Curzon Gateway looks pretty nice, but it's right in the middle of the city, opposite the IMAX. It's right next to Birmingham new street station, so it would be pretty easy to get to uni via train.

Also, yeah try Liberty Living because there's loads of Birmingham people there and they seem pretty nice halls (better than the ones owned by Birmingham uni I reckon).

ReputationRep:
    take a look at victoria halls, they have a graduate building as well

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem and ended up booking at Liberty Close (Queens Hospital Close)

Victoria Halls was fully booked months ago

Unite and Studio51 are just too much of a trek, literally on the door step of Aston Uni

ReputationRep:
    I'd say IQ5 and Opal are your only real choices unless you want to move into a house. I'd try looking for a house to live in if I were you, though.

Do you not know anyone else going to the same uni? There's plenty of flats with just two rooms, from as low as £60 per person.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.