Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You can adopt me next year because Im on a gap year and Iwill be 20 next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Just had a weird thought. If I adopt a first year next year who's been on a gap year, I may well be younger than them :p:
    Tsk tsk tsk, don't adopt when you're in 2nd year :eek: , you may get thrown off the pier!!! lol
    But yeh, it's possible for parents to be younger than their kids, quite a few of the international students are a few years older when they start uni due to their schooling, and then there's people who did gap years etc
    I've got to wait another 2 years to adopt now cos of my year abroad

ReputationRep:
    Two of my academic brothers are older than my academic dad.

im quite tempted to adopt kids this year just for ***** and giggles. my raisin reciept idea: a huge block of ice with razorblades inside, they have to get from morissons to the quad before it melts and they get cut?

i also feel i got off quite lightly on raisin sunday, i was vomiting by 2pm, which wasnt bad considering i saw half a dozen people passed out and vomitting in the gutter at 10am. Being woken up at 7am with a bottle of vodka is pretty common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Square)
    Two of my academic brothers are older than my academic dad.

im quite tempted to adopt kids this year just for ***** and giggles. my raisin reciept idea: a huge block of ice with razorblades inside, they have to get from morissons to the quad before it melts and they get cut?

i also feel i got off quite lightly on raisin sunday, i was vomiting by 2pm, which wasnt bad considering i saw half a dozen people passed out and vomitting in the gutter at 10am. Being woken up at 7am with a bottle of vodka is pretty common.
    Oohhh, that's a harsh raisin receipt! My dad gave us a boat, had to carry it round the roundabout and along the road, was too big to go in a skip, so had to park it in the diagonal parking outside the quad!

Wow you did well! My academic sister found me asleep on my bedroom floor with my head in the bin in the afternoon... good times...!

Was a great weekend though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_c)
    Tsk tsk tsk, don't adopt when you're in 2nd year :eek: , you may get thrown off the pier!!! lol
    But yeh, it's possible for parents to be younger than their kids, quite a few of the international students are a few years older when they start uni due to their schooling, and then there's people who did gap years etc
    I've got to wait another 2 years to adopt now cos of my year abroad
    I mean next academic year, not this coming one. I'll technically be in third year :p:

ReputationRep:
    I mean next academic year, not this coming one. I'll technically be in third year :p:
    in the eyes of the university you may be a second year, but to all other students you are still a fresher!

ReputationRep:
    in the eyes of the university you may be a second year, but to all other students you are still a fresher!
    I was meaning for the year afterwards. Would I be considered a second year then or a third year? I realise i'll be considered a fresher this year.

ReputationRep:
    I was meaning for the year afterwards. Would I be considered a second year then or a third year? I realise i'll be considered a fresher this year.
    dunno it's a bit of a grey area.

M_E_X likes to think hes going into third year, but he's really just going into second year of his three year course.......................... ....

AMRIGHT JAMES?

ReputationRep:

M_E_X likes to think hes going into third year, but he's really just going into second year of his three year course.......................... ....

AMRIGHT JAMES?
    I'll see how I feel at the time, if i'm ready for children...

ReputationRep:
    I'll see how I feel at the time, if i'm ready for children...
    it's a big responsibility, i was actually very surprised to see how much effort people put into the costumes etc

ReputationRep:

AMRIGHT JAMES?
    Huh? You're still sub-honors, *****.

Naw, seriously I'm going in to second year . I'm doing PH3### modules, but yeah - second year at the uni. I actually requested my course change today, from 3 year BSc to a 4 year MPhys...I hope it gets approved ok etc. That way I'd graduate with you guys and everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luser)
    I'll adopt you nonetheless, if you'd like. Your sister (would be) a maths student. :P If you go to WARSoc or Project Anime, let me know.
    Your uncle would also be someone who is frequently mistaken for a CompSci student and could probably hold his own on a discussion of the topic :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luser)
    I'll adopt you nonetheless, if you'd like. Your sister (would be) a maths student. :P If you go to WARSoc or Project Anime, let me know.
    WARsoc or Project Anime?

Not sure about the whole warhammer/rpg kind of scenario but who doesn't like cartoons with big breasted japenese women, especially if it has a plot.

ReputationRep:
    Alright look, not to be bossy, but go get your e contracts and get on facebook. All of my friends have left for college and I'd like to find my roomate.

Fo Sho!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadChicken)
    WARsoc or Project Anime?

Not sure about the whole warhammer/rpg kind of scenario but who doesn't like cartoons with big breasted japenese women, especially if it has a plot.
    Well, let me know on ds377 if you haven't found a mum before the Orphan's Bop :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fg08)
    Is it harder for international students to be adopted. Im a bit afraid that I will be the only one who wont have academic parents
    Please don't worry, you will find someone in the most unlikely place (pub, societies, Orphan's Bop) - you WILL get adopted no matter what (especially if you go to the Orphan's Bop).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Huh? You're still sub-honors, *****.

Naw, seriously I'm going in to second year . I'm doing PH3### modules, but yeah - second year at the uni. I actually requested my course change today, from 3 year BSc to a 4 year MPhys...I hope it gets approved ok etc. That way I'd graduate with you guys and everything
    Eh, my academic dad is the same as you, his second year at the uni and doing third year modules, and I didn't get to throw him off the pier :p: Thus, I think adopting then is perfectly allowable!

ReputationRep:
    Can everybody do third year modules in his second year, cause I wanna do more extra modules than I need credits so this would be the perfect chance to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fg08)
    Can everybody do third year modules in his second year, cause I wanna do more extra modules than I need credits so this would be the perfect chance to do it?
    Probably need permission from your department. But they normally don't like you taking too many credits.

M_E_X is doing third year modules because he did direct entry to second year though, not just because he fancied taking them, and I did 3rd year modules in 2nd year because it was required for my degree. It's not normally allowed for you to take them just because you fancy it.

Oh, and if you take 3rd/4th/5th level modules in you rsubhonours years, they won't count towards your degree classification or honours credits.

This is a somewhat depressing page for meee, the misser outer, but all is not lost!

I await a remark, for potentially coming this year...otherwise I am reapplying I am not giving up, especially as I was so bloody close.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.