Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else feel their self worth is riding on tomorrow? watch

• View Poll Results: Is your self worth riding on tomorrow?
    My parents are making me feel this way
    21.43%
    I'm making myself feel this way
    50.00%
    I don't give a ****
    21.43%
    I know I did well
    7.14%

ReputationRep:
    It feels weird because I know these are only SG and INT2s for me but I actually feel like I'm being judged...

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting myself worked up - even though there's no point now! :P:
    I have a college place so my results don't really matter now but I want to do well because I know I tried sooo hard throughout the year
    And I tried alot the year before and didn't do too well so it's like this will prove to myself that I can actually pass :P:

ReputationRep:
    I have a horrible attitude about exams and i'll feel crap for a while if I don't do as well as I think I should.

Don't worry though, whatever qualification you do is important at the time, try not to judge yourself too harshly though

ReputationRep:
    I get slightly cocky after them "that wasn't so bad."
    Really? Was it really not that bad? I know I was wrong all 9 times!

ReputationRep:
    I am making myself feel this way. Quite honestly, my parents would suppost me if I got 5 no awards.

And I love them for it.

ReputationRep:
    Was going to start a thread, but ill just post this:

If you do well, thats great.

If you dont, you live in Scotland and can try again in 6th year, if that isn't for you then your success in life will just have to come from somewhere without the root of fantastic grades.

Life goes on.

Best of luck to everyone tomorow though.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are sorta like "if you fail, things will be different", so ya. And I won't get into the college I want, which means I have to go to another, further away college.

ReputationRep:
    Not quite, although, as I've already pointed out in the discussions thread, I do feel a fair bit of pressure based on expectation from people, though they're too nice to say that.

ReputationRep:
    No risk to my self worth. Still a little nervous though.

ReputationRep:
    if i dont impart negativity and combustness....i in turn implode

so basically im such a pain to my friends!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but that feeling'll only last a few days until i can put things in perspective.

ReputationRep:
    I'm making myself feel this way, but obviously my parents want me to do well and my mum keeps telling everyone she knows to wait by the phone... which does make me feel quite nervous. And I want to do medicine so yeah...

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get the grades my mum wants she's gonna take away my social life, get rid of my consoles/tv and make me work 24/7. Not to mention the fact that she's taking me out of the private school since they think there is no point in paying for my education if I don't work to their expectations. My dad is pretty nonchalant about it though. He wants me to do well but he's not a nutcase like my mum.

PS. OH NO!!!! My dog is barking. That means the post is here!!!!! God help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enzo-259)
    If I don't get the grades my mum wants she's gonna take away my social life, get rid of my consoles/tv and make me work 24/7. Not to mention the fact that she's taking me out of the private school since they think there is no point in paying for my education if I don't work to their expectations. My dad is pretty nonchalant about it though. He wants me to do well but he's not a nutcase like my mum.

PS. OH NO!!!! My dog is barking. That means the post is here!!!!! God help me!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Good luck!
    Nevermind, it was a false alarm! Thanks though! I'm gonna need all the luck I can get.

My dad said to me "I was going to phone your biology teachers to gloat about your B or A in crash higher human biology, but since you only got a C it's pointless because they'll know that's nothing to celebrate."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    My dad said to me "I was going to phone your biology teachers to gloat about your B or A in crash higher human biology, but since you only got a C it's pointless because they'll know that's nothing to celebrate."
    If it was in earnest that's a horrible thing to say to anyone, jeez. He should be understanding enough to know that this is a fairly big day for you and you'll feel self-conscious enough as it is without those sorts of comments... ah well, they're your results, so long as you're content it matters not what anyone has to say or think about it.

(Original post by Pedrobear)
    If it was in earnest that's a horrible thing to say to anyone, jeez. He should be understanding enough to know that this is a fairly big day for you and you'll feel self-conscious enough as it is without those sorts of comments... ah well, they're your results, so long as you're content it matters not what anyone has to say or think about it.
    I wasn't content though, I thought I'd scraped a B, and because of this I don't know how sixth year will pan out. :sad: I was delighted to get As in everything else, but I am incredibly hurt that that counts for nothing to him. ******* control-freak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I wasn't content though, I thought I'd scraped a B, and because of this I don't know how sixth year will pan out. :sad: I was delighted to get As in everything else, but I am incredibly hurt that that counts for nothing to him. ******* control-freak.
    Sixth year? How do you mean? I imagine you want to do English or something, no? If so I couldn't see this being much of a hurdle, particularly when you done so well in English itself and the rest.

It'd be a different story, for instance, if you wanted to do something related to biological sciences and got a C in Chemistry...

That would be most unfortunate indeed... *whistle* :]

Just forget his comment and be proud of what you have done. Apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else, but if I remember correct you posted a thread on here almost a year ago explaining how stressed out and hopeless you felt in school and how nothing was going right -- well look now! It turned out better than you expected in the end, right?

(Original post by Pedrobear)
    Sixth year? How do you mean? I imagine you want to do English or something, no? If so I couldn't see this being much of a hurdle, particularly when you done so well in English itself and the rest.

It'd be a different story, for instance, if you wanted to do something related to biological sciences and got a C in Chemistry...

That would be most unfortunate indeed... *whistle* :]

Just forget his comment and be proud of what you have done. Apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else, but if I remember correct you posted a thread on here almost a year ago explaining how stressed out and hopeless you felt in school and how nothing was going right -- well look now! It turned out better than you expected in the end, right?
    Yeah that was me, that was a bit of a nightmare! You're totally right though, and I feel much better about it. It's not as if I need perfect grades for English so I'm very fortunate in that sense. My dad even half-apologised to me about an hour ago, ha ha. I've just heard two of my friends got a C and D in biology and they weren't even crashing it, so I feel I've really achieved something in matching them.

I mean I want to sit another Higher in order to make up for it in sixth year. :yes: I'm just waiting on replies from some unis asking what I should do next.

You're right, at the beginning of this year, the grades I have now seemed impossible. You've cheered me up immensely. :hugs:

Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.