Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else feel their self worth is riding on tomorrow? Watch

• View Poll Results: Is your self worth riding on tomorrow?
    My parents are making me feel this way
    21.43%
    I'm making myself feel this way
    50.00%
    I don't give a ****
    21.43%
    I know I did well
    7.14%

ReputationRep:
    It's quite possible they won't even care about the C, if you've done enough other Highers to meet their usual conditions.

ReputationRep:
    I was worried about results because I had a conditional; basically as long as I fulfilled my conditions (which I did thankfully), I would be happy. I suppose I would have been disappointed if they weren't great results, and so would my parents.
    Most years I do feel like I'll be judged if I get a few bad grades. Luckily I've been fine so far.

(Original post by juss)
    It's quite possible they won't even care about the C, if you've done enough other Highers to meet their usual conditions.
    That's true! :hugs: I hope you got what you were hoping for!

(Original post by LDVet)
    I was worried about results because I had a conditional; basically as long as I fulfilled my conditions (which I did thankfully), I would be happy. I suppose I would have been disappointed if they weren't great results, and so would my parents.
    Most years I do feel like I'll be judged if I get a few bad grades. Luckily I've been fine so far.
    Your results are great!! I remember when I wanted to be a vet between the ages of 6 and 12 ... and then I woke up :p: It was Animal Hospital's fault, giving me an unrealistic image of tending to fluffy kittens and ponies all the time :woo: Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    That's true! :hugs: I hope you got what you were hoping for!
    I did, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juss)
    I did, thanks
    Forgot to say earlier, well done

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Your results are great!! I remember when I wanted to be a vet between the ages of 6 and 12 ... and then I woke up :p: It was Animal Hospital's fault, giving me an unrealistic image of tending to fluffy kittens and ponies all the time :woo: Congratulations
    Thank you!
    And I'll admit that originally I wanted to be a vet (from the age when I could speak and onwards). Then I went through a doctor, artist and translator phase and then back to vet. Haha I used to think it was about fluffy little animals too, but I woke up eventually. It didn't put me off though, even when the vets I used to see practice with were telling me about the bad points of the job. I won't get paid well (apparently) and will work evil hours but I know it's still what I want to do.
    Everyone I know thinks I'm nuts haha.
    Thanks again. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.