The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I moved into our house for the year a few days ago. I'm on Corporation Street so just down the road from the campus :smile: Lovely house!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
cool beans , I may be near Weston Road if that particular house gets filled otherwise I will have to look elsewhere.
Reply 3
Corrr! A bit late to be looking!

I'm supposed to have 4 other housemates, 3 are moving in at the end of August/beginning of Sept but we're not sure if one guy is actually going to do it, he's not bothered speaking to us or the landlord yet!
Reply 4
Xtrm2Matt
Corrr! A bit late to be looking!

I'm supposed to have 4 other housemates, 3 are moving in at the end of August/beginning of Sept but we're not sure if one guy is actually going to do it, he's not bothered speaking to us or the landlord yet!

well i was not going to go back at all, then i got a phone call just last week that got me thinking was all. Now I have decided too so yeh late for a looking a bit lol hmmm well probably he'll come forward that guy or maybe someone needs to poke him into communicating .
Reply 5
Marston Road for me...at least it's 5 mins from town. Wont be moving there until the 12th of next month though which is annoying :frown:
Reply 6
I shall be living in 2 Yarlet House as the Warden :smile:
I'm supposed to be in halls (I have applied), but I've changed my mind I really want to house share (private accommodation) but I guess I have left it a bit late...

So I'm still looking... I have halls as a back up I guess lol
Reply 8
17 Eccleshall House :wink:.
Reply 9
Xtrm2Matt
I moved into our house for the year a few days ago. I'm on Corporation Street so just down the road from the campus :smile: Lovely house!

I lived at 135 corporation street lol. the asda is very close by which is awesome :woo:
Reply 10
inebriatedgoldfish
I'm supposed to be in halls (I have applied), but I've changed my mind I really want to house share (private accommodation) but I guess I have left it a bit late...

So I'm still looking... I have halls as a back up I guess lol

Are there any houses still going on the Staffs Uni private accommodation thing?!
Reply 11
is the 20th the earliest day you can move into halls?

because it might be the same day as my brother is moving into halls at a different uni :|

my mate thats going sheffied hallum mentioned that his freshers week starts on the 20th but he's moving in on the 5th.
noaksey
Are there any houses still going on the Staffs Uni private accommodation thing?!

I wasn't really planing on going through the university, I was just looking on room share websites... Not sure if I'm going to find anything though.

Wish me luck lol its not easy when you don't know anyone :frown:
Reply 13
Bonyjoe
is the 20th the earliest day you can move into halls?

because it might be the same day as my brother is moving into halls at a different uni :|

my mate thats going sheffied hallum mentioned that his freshers week starts on the 20th but he's moving in on the 5th.

If you have to move in on a different day you have to let the accommodation office know i believe.
Reply 14
inebriatedgoldfish
I wasn't really planing on going through the university, I was just looking on room share websites... Not sure if I'm going to find anything though.

Wish me luck lol its not easy when you don't know anyone :frown:

I used this site. Since I had to find a place on my own it was a lot harder as most of the places when I was looking wanted a group of people.

Bless, well, good luck in finding somewhere. I know what it's like moving into a place where you don't know anyone!
Reply 15
mattyboi90
If you have to move in on a different day you have to let the accommodation office know i believe.

so I can well thats good to know then, its his insurance choice and he doens't want to go there so will have to wait till results day to find out lol.

Also lisened the that calvin harris remix
noaksey
I used this site. Since I had to find a place on my own it was a lot harder as most of the places when I was looking wanted a group of people.

Bless, well, good luck in finding somewhere. I know what it's like moving into a place where you don't know anyone!

I haven't tried that site so hopefully i will have more luck there lol :woo:

We shall see lol

Tara
Reply 17
inebriatedgoldfish

I haven't tried that site so hopefully i will have more luck there lol :woo:

We shall see lol

Tara

Let us know how you get on!!
sorry to go abit off topic, but I've just had my Student Finance financial Notification and I don't understand it! Iv searched tsr but theres soo many topics on it that I don't know where to look and the student finance website isn't much help either.

Basically I've finally been financially assesed and I am getting a maintenance grant of £988. My Maintenance loan has also been increased. Do I get both the loan and the grant, or do I get the value of the loan but i only have to pay back the value - £988?
Frazzled22
sorry to go abit off topic, but I've just had my Student Finance financial Notification and I don't understand it! Iv searched tsr but theres soo many topics on it that I don't know where to look and the student finance website isn't much help either.

Basically I've finally been financially assesed and I am getting a maintenance grant of £988. My Maintenance loan has also been increased. Do I get both the loan and the grant, or do I get the value of the loan but i only have to pay back the value - £988?

If I understand you correctly, you get the loan and the grant. However you have to pay back the loan, the grant you dont have to pay back.

At least thats how it works for me :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending