Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Credit Suisse Lev fin is looking for graduates from what I hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince of Zamunda)
    MS IBD will take a few on.

Really? That's interesting. Bull market is back!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard BarCap are taking pretty much everyone this year, and a few BBs have really under-recruited in their intern classes.

Still I'm not expecting too much but I can't really do a third internship, so grad recruiting and MFe/MFin apps are this year's fun and games.

ReputationRep:
    thats interesting news about IBD. what is the situations in markets like? on a relative basis markets is in much better shape than ibd, isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banachi)
    thats interesting news about IBD. what is the situations in markets like? on a relative basis markets is in much better shape than ibd, isnt it?
    In terms of M&A yes, still depressed volumes, but ECM/DCM activity has really opened up as capital markets have started churning again.

From my friends on markets I hear it is still very firm/desk specific. I think it mostly depends on how heavy the axe fell on your desk last yr

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer in M&A (about 40% conversion rate), so I'm out of the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    Quality mate, congrats!

Also, not a bad conversion rate for UBS M&A...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Quality mate, congrats!

Also, not a bad conversion rate for UBS M&A...
    I think the conversion rate for the whole of IBD was quite high, ~65/70% but that's because this year's class was half of last year's

How's ICAP? I'm free now - my penultimate day in London, so if you want to we could meet up and go for a pint depending on when you finish?

ReputationRep:
    I think the conversion rate for the whole of IBD was quite high, ~65/70% but that's because this year's class was half of last year's

How's ICAP? I'm free now - my penultimate day in London, so if you want to we could meet up and go for a pint depending on when you finish?
    Ah, ok, I see!

ICAP's good, still have another week here, find out next Friday whether or not I have a job. Massively laddish environment here though - just went down to the crazy Swaps floor and lasted about 20 seconds before being ripped to shreds for wearing fairly bright green socks. In the same amount time they also picked up on the fact that I'm wearing a grey wool suit with a pink lining... And I just thought I looked pretty f-ing cool. Oh dear! :p:!

Can't do anything tonight mate - picking the girlfriend up from King's Cross, she's visiting for the weekend! Next time...

ReputationRep:
    Was 2/6 last year.

Congrats. It's a really great team.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting a new job at a Bulge bracket firm (very much bulge brackety) and I know we're looking on the equities desk for salesmen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rboogie)
    I'm starting a new job at a Bulge bracket firm (very much bulge brackety) and I know we're looking on the equities desk for salesmen.
    Me too, just in case

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple of guys(and gals) from UBS EQ internship who might be interested.

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple of guys(and gals) from UBS EQ internship who might be interested.
    How's UBS S&T hiring looking uthink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    How's UBS S&T hiring looking uthink?
    Actually to be fair, I only know a few people there, so I've really no idea. [waiting for Benh842 to provide some market colour]

(Original post by Breitling)
    Was 2/6 last year.

Congrats. It's a really great team.
    I know, it was probably one of the, if not the, best things about interning there, and is one of the main reasons in me accepting the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Actually to be fair, I only know a few people there, so I've really no idea. [waiting for Benh842 to provide some market colour]

I know, it was probably one of the, if not the, best things about interning there, and is one of the main reasons in me accepting the offer.
    Are all the MDs still there? Haven't heard of any of them leaving. They've done a pretty good job in keeping hold of them, if so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince of Zamunda)
    PM me the name?

I'd rather not say just yet but it's one of the very very big boys. Probably the best name on the street.

ReputationRep:
    Equity salesmen hey? I noticed that quite a few people were getting equity sales from JPM's industry impressions and spring weeks for this summer's internships. More so than other areas. I think.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather not say just yet but it's one of the very very big boys. Probably the best name on the street.
    Smells like a Japanese bank to me.

ReputationRep:
    Best name on the street for what?

Equities in general? Volume of equities traded? Research commissions? Best for a certain sector?

I'm at one of the best places for my sector in ER, but I'm not at a BB so I can rule my firm out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.