Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm normally a Large in Mens, what would I be for Abercrombie seeing as their clothes are bigger?

Also, I am a 36waist in jeans, would that be ok for Abercrombie or should I go down to a 34?

ReputationRep:
    DEATH to Abercrombie and Fitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    DEATH to Abercrombie and Fitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:
    That is the most cringeworthy sig I have ever seen, I hope you're a troll.

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought stuff from their shop in New York. Their sizes come up small so you'll need an XL. Don't know about jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinywings)
    That is the most cringeworthy sig I have ever seen, I hope you're a troll.
    No I am not a troll I absolutely detest that store after the way they treated me and my sizely self. And don't diss the sig man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDave56)
    I've just bought stuff from their shop in New York. Their sizes come up small so you'll need an XL. Don't know about jeans.
    :s That's weird, been told they are bigger?

Anyone know on the jeans front?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scouting for Girls)

I am a size 32 waist, and a pair of size 32 Abercrombies are noticeably loose/big. Great if you like them baggy, but if you want a better for go for a size down (so 34 for you).

As for their tops, they are all "muscle fit" these days, which means tight. If you don't mind your tops being tighter than normal then proceed as usual with a large. However if you don't want them tight then go for XL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I am a size 32 waist, and a pair of size 32 Abercrombies are noticeably loose/big. Great if you like them baggy, but if you want a better for go for a size down (so 34 for you).

As for their tops, they are all "muscle fit" these days, which means tight. If you don't mind your tops being tighter than normal then proceed as usual with a large. However if you don't want them tight then go for XL.
    Thanks for the help bro, rep coming your way.

ReputationRep:
    The horde of Jack Wills and Abercrombie and Fitch wearing douchebags claims another victim!

ReputationRep:
    I'm normally a Large in Mens, what would I be for Abercrombie seeing as their clothes are bigger?

Also, I am a 36waist in jeans, would that be ok for Abercrombie or should I go down to a 34?
    Having bought a few things from their store in London, just go for the size you usually wear. The clothes, especially their tops are meant to be of a tighter fit. In terms of jeans, try and visit one of their shops and try various sizes on? If not just buy your normal size and possibly wear a belt. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:

Maybe the USA sizing was different? I had to get XL tops where normally in UK general sizing I would be L.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDave56)
    Maybe the USA sizing was different? I had to get XL tops where normally in UK general sizing I would be L.
    What is a medium in the UK is a small in the US and a large in France and Italy :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    What is a medium in the UK is a small in the US and a large in France and Italy :rofl:
    So, therefore, buying from America or buying from Abercrombie in the US would mean getting an Xtra Large if I'm a Large?

Jeans are really important, I don't want them too loose but I would want breathing space. Looking at an Abercrombie size chart 36Waist is 93-95cm and a 34Waist is 89-90cm, and then looking at a UK website size chart a 36Waist jeans is 91cm.

ReputationRep:
    So, therefore, buying from America or buying from Abercrombie in the US would mean getting an Xtra Large if I'm a Large?

Jeans are really important, I don't want them too loose but I would want breathing space. Looking at an Abercrombie size chart 36Waist is 93-95cm and a 34Waist is 89-90cm, and then looking at a UK website size chart a 36Waist jeans is 91cm.
    Oh I was talking about clothes sizing in general.

If you don't want to be able to take your jeans off without unbuttoning them first or risk them falling down if you've gone a day without food then go for the next size down. I really can't wear my Abercrombie jeans without a belt; I am constantly pulling them up if I don't wear one, and the size I bought is my usual one.

So for t shirts buy your normal size, for jeans go one lower :yep:

ReputationRep:

I generally buy L over here but needed XL from the US. They are also "muscle fit" which is closer fitting around the shoulders, chest and arms. Can't comment on jeans coz i didn't get any.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.