Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how to afford american university? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    basically i wanna do law as a post grad and all but it's like 20,000$ pe ryear how do i pay that are there any grants? loans?

the more info the better!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    scholarship?
    im not a straight A student though?

ReputationRep:
    Take out a loan?

ReputationRep:
    I got into NYU this year and it was such a dream for me, but ultimately couldn't go because...and sorry to say...its a frigging NIGHTMARE getting financial support from ANYWHERE!

ReputationRep:
    Its very hard for foreign students to get financial aid for American universities. Your best bet is some bursaries(British council site is a good place to start) or scholarships.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all the answers guys!

ReputationRep:
    Try websites like fastweb.com to find scholarship info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph41190)
    I got into NYU this year and it was such a dream for me, but ultimately couldn't go because...and sorry to say...its a frigging NIGHTMARE getting financial support from ANYWHERE!
    i was thinking of applying there just out of curoisty what GCSE's and A levels did you get to get into there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyboy1992)
    basically i wanna do law as a post grad and all but it's like 20,000$ pe ryear how do i pay that are there any grants? loans?

the more info the better!
    have a look at this site:

http://studentlendinganalytics.typep....ppt#408,5,SLA Flash Survey: Private Loans for International Students Summary

ReputationRep:
    It will be very difficult unless your parents have the money. I was lucky in that I have permanent residency in the US and I was given regular US student aid which covered a large portion of the tuition.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.