Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's been so long since you've had sex you're wondering if they've changed it? Watch

Hehe Ok that's a quote from 'Friends' but my question is related. :yep:

Has anyone been out of a relationship, not kissed anyone or had sex in so long that it's almost like you've forgotten what it's like?

After being out of a relationship for so long (like YEARS), I'm seeing a new guy and it honestly feels like I'm doing everything again for the first time! Is this normal or do I just have terrible procedural memory? :stupid:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had that, was strange. More so with kissing than the sex though.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've never had sex so wouldn't know about that but yeah I know what you mean about being away from relationships and not kissing anyone for such a long time that you forget what it's like. My two relationships were really far apart and only short lived and never really took off so I always feel like I've never actually been in a relationship, not a proper one anyway. I kissed a girl a week or two ago and that's the last time but before that was over a year and yeah it felt like I was experiencing it all over again for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    yes, although i think i'd still remember how to do everything (a years supply of cosmo came in handy!) i'd be more nervous than usual.

ReputationRep:
    Im just seeing someone new and im determined to wait till the 3rd or 4th meeting to have sex, is this ok? Im 22 and i need to ask :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

hopefully its like learning to swim. you learn it once and you remember it for life. or was that riding a bike? damn i need to find out cos i plan to go to the sea soon :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)

hopefully its like learning to swim. you learn it once and you remember it for life. or was that riding a bike? damn i need to find out cos i plan to go to the sea soon :eek3:
    learning to swim, learning to drive and learning to ride a bike :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I feel embarrassed i knew exactly where this quote came from lmao ..but i looove friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's been so long since you've had sex you're wondering if they've changed it?
    hahaha :p:

yes, been there sadly

So far we've only kissed and it was really weird, like I'd never done it before, even though I have plenty of experience with past boyfriends. My last kiss was 2 years ago though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when I was kissed a couple of weeks ago after not having kissed for like months/possibly a year it was really strange ... like learning all over again :facepalm: Oh dearrrr. Sad times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Im just seeing someone new and im determined to wait till the 3rd or 4th meeting to have sex, is this ok? Im 22 and i need to ask :rolleyes:
    hehehe, but why should you wait if you wanna do it!

ReputationRep:
    A year ago I brought a twenty month long dry period to an end. Those months were bad times. :no: Luckily things haven't been that bad since then.

ReputationRep:
    I think the last time I had sex the wheel was being heralded as the next big thing.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, haven't even kissed anyone in over a year. It's gonna be very strange when (if ) I next get the opportunity :p:

Its been very long for me

About 24 hours to be exact.

What a hard life.

I hope it doesnt change though :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    If you want to wait that long then wait that long, but the guy might not hang around (no pun intended).

ReputationRep:
    Ok so both the quotes i got in this thread are completely retarded :rolleyes: big round of applause to you both.

ReputationRep:
    Well considering I didn't get started until I was 21, and it's only been around 3 months since I last had sex, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

ReputationRep:
    My relationship ended a year ago, since then I've kissed about three people on nights out, and it's just weird... I felt like I'd forgotten

If you've been kissing someone pretty much every day over the last six months, then suddenly zilch, it is hard to remember how.

Sigh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.