Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do girls think of younger guys?? Watch

Its completely normal for a girl to go out with an older guy..Heck! Its even normal for a girl to marry a man as old as her dad..

But what do girls think of younger guys for relationships?? not much younger, just 2 or 3 years younger..

i really like an older girl and she seems to like me, but i dont know if she's just being friendly..

thanks for any suggestions...

ReputationRep:
    I (as a rule) wouldn't dream of dating a younger man. Proof of the gender trappings of society I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyingIsis)
    I (as a rule) wouldn't dream of dating a younger man. Proof of the gender trappings of society I suppose.
    Not even say.. 6 months?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyingIsis)
    im a year younger than basically everyone here.....

--excuse me, i must now go cry in a corner before my results come--

ReputationRep:
    Never, unless they looked a lot older than they're age and were on the same maturity level as me.

ReputationRep:
    If they were mature for their age I wouldn't really care.

ReputationRep:
    My ex was 21 (i'm 19 this month..). But then she said i'm a lot more mature and understanding than any of her previous boyfriends (as old as 27).

*shrugs* Most girls seem to run a mile, and to be honest i prefer younger girls. So hey. It works.

(Original post by Missmeem)
    Never, unless they looked a lot older than they're age and were on the same maturity level as me.
    MMm, bodes well for me i hope (assuming your view is commonly held!). Well, you know, and your MUM is on the same maturity level as you!

I'm actually one of the youngest in my year. People are often shocked when i tell them i'm a wee August born lad of 14/15/16 (as the years have progressed, the shock has become consistently less, so yay :cute:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    Not even say.. 6 months?
    Yes 6 months is ok, maybe even up to a year I could handle...but I might feel strange about it.
    I have always dated guys the same age as me..it's rare you find a younger guy who is mature enough for a real relationship with an older woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is almost a year and a half younger than me. When we first started seeing each other I felt odd dating a younger guy, and actually contemplated ending it haha. But he's fairly mature and I wouldn't change it for the world. We've been together for 20 months now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)

This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    MMm, bodes well for me i hope (assuming your view is commonly held!). Well, you know, and your MUM is on the same maturity level as you!

I'm actually one of the youngest in my year. People are often shocked when i tell them i'm a wee August born lad of 14/15/16 (as the years have progressed, the shock has become consistently less, so yay :cute:).
    Lmao, your posts always make me laugh :love:

ReputationRep:
    lol i remember my gf was always like - never mention that your 6 months younger than me! :rolleyes: was a (proportionately) big(ger) issue in their culture (as opposed to others) i guess :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    The lass i fancy is 31, not sure she is too kean on toyboys . But were going out together sometime this week, just the two of us. So fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit harsh but I would be embarrassed to be going out with someone younger than me.
    Well untill I'm like 24 or something and then I think it would be okay as long as the guy was like only up to a year younger than me.

And it would also be acceptable when I'm like 40 and the guy was 20 :P.

What about older guys? If you were 18, would someone aged, say, 22, and in great shape/otherwise normal, be more of an automatic turn on?

ReputationRep:
    Just goes to show how reservations occurring from social indoctrination decades ago still exist today.

I dunno, I find it kind of pathetic that girls are saying a 6 month age gap would be a huge deal to them.

(Original post by Missmeem)
    Lmao, your posts always make me laugh :love:
    :awesome:

I'm not really sure how to respond. Can i offer you a random anecdote :woo:

(Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    I dunno, I find it kind of pathetic that girls are saying a 6 month age gap would be a huge deal to them.
    Totally agreed. Us young'uns will be ever suffering if these outdated social concepts continue

ReputationRep:
    A girl I know dated a guy 2 years younger than her and basically everyone kinda viewed their relationship as a bit of a joke! I'm not saying that's right, but looking at their relationship from an outsider's perspective it was slightly weird and a bit like a mother-son relationship :L

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.