Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do girls think of younger guys?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Only if they were about a year younger.

(Original post by rachlala14)
    A girl I know dated a guy 2 years younger than her and basically everyone kinda viewed their relationship as a bit of a joke! I'm not saying that's right, but looking at their relationship from an outsider's perspective it was slightly weird and a bit like a mother-son relationship :L
    All the two year old mothers doing their kids. Disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    im a year younger than basically everyone here.....

--excuse me, i must now go cry in a corner before my results come--
    Well I'm fifteen aswell. When's your birthday ? There's even a fourtneen year old girl on here , she's like in love me me or something , I don't even know her. Quite a few dodgy people on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachlala14)
    A girl I know dated a guy 2 years younger than her and basically everyone kinda viewed their relationship as a bit of a joke! I'm not saying that's right, but looking at their relationship from an outsider's perspective it was slightly weird and a bit like a mother-son relationship :L
    aww that's a shame. I have a friend (18) who's going out with a 16 year old but because he looks our age (I'd even say older) and he acts quite mature no one really cares. They've been together for over a year I think.

ReputationRep:
    We need to know their age to apply our magical formula.

"( Guys age / 2 ) + 7"

If ANS > girls age then guy = peado

If ANS < less than girls age then relationship is fine.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I DID NOT INVENT THIS!

SO IF THIS FORMULA MAKES YOUR BF A PEADO THEN DO NOT BLAME ME!

ReputationRep:
    I think its more of an issue when you're in school/college because even if they're the same age as you, they might be in the year below and that would seem weird. Outside of the education system, if i like them and i feel like we suit each other, there shouldnt be an issue.

ReputationRep:
    I would never ever go for a younger guy. Well, I prefer older.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i've never been with a girl younger than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyingIsis)
    I (as a rule) wouldn't dream of dating a younger man. Proof of the gender trappings of society I suppose.
    I think each case is dependant on the person, if they have got a good head on the shoulders, and can converse with you and keep you interested, i dont think it matters

I am chatting with someone who is 3 years younger me and he seems to know a lot about girls,he lost his v.
    I havent yet and I am 19 while he is 16
    what would he think of me if i told him so?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the individual guy. I wouldn't have dreamed of it before, but now the guy I'm almost-going-out-with (lol complicated!) is a year younger than me, but he's really mature for his age and looks my age or even older too, so it doesn't matter to me!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am chatting with someone who is 3 years younger me and he seems to know a lot about girls,he lost his v.
    I havent yet and I am 19 while he is 16
    what would he think of me if i told him so?
    he's playing you.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend of 22 months is 17 months younger than me. I used to be so embarrassed in sixth form, going out with a guy in the year below, but after time, I realised no one really cared, as long as we were happy! Plus he looks older than me anyway, and I think it's more of a 'me being immature enough for him' rather than 'him being mature enough for me' lol

ReputationRep:
    I've never before considered dating a guy younger than me, but thats becasue its always been a case of maturity, most younger guys are too immature. - however if i was to meet a younger guy that was fairly mature than i don't think i'd really mind.

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I've learnt from girls is they're OBSESSED with 'maturity'. It's more of a buzz word for a guy that looks older than she is (so her mates won't tease her), not a reflection of emotional depth and intelligence. Definitely a case of social trappings.

There are always exceptions, but if a girl won't date you because of an age gap it's usually because she's either really stuck in her ways or it's the easiest way to reject you (Much like "let's be friends" is the easiest rejection if the girl is the same age as you).

As far as I'm concerned once people are over 18 it's much the same. I've been in relationships with girls ranging from 2 years younger than me to 1 year older than me, and honestly notice no major difference in the maturity of the girl. People confuse personality with maturity. If someone jokes around they're seen as immature, but that's just their personality showing through. Maturity is about acting the right way in the right setting, not about being deadly serious all the time

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I wouldn't.. any guy younger than me, I automatically see as a brother-type figure for some reason. But I know a few girls who have dated younger guys and were fine with it.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a huge generalisation but I've found that guys my age or younger are too immature for me. I'm quite mature for my age and always have been and I have found that older guys (not too much older though!) are more mature, independent and on the 'same level' as me. But...I've only had 2 bf's - 1 my age and 1 2years older so its not that much to go by!

I'm 22 and I'd be happy to date someone a year or two younger, probably not much more than that at the moment.

I think it's one of those things which matter less as we get older. When I was 18/19, like a lot of the girls here, I would have said no.

ReputationRep:
    I'd date someone a year or two older, so long as they were mature and didn't look really young. After all age is just a number

ReputationRep:
    out of bounds!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.