Turn on thread page Beta

What do girls think of younger guys?? watch

ReputationRep:
    All girls are mature for their age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    im a year younger than basically everyone here.....

--excuse me, i must now go cry in a corner before my results come--
    Lol, wrong. I just turned 16 last wednesday. I dont mind younger like 15 but below 14 for me would be a no no hehe. But when im older age wouldn't matter so much to me. Marrying a man 4 years younger than me would be fine by me.

ReputationRep:
    MMMM year 9 boys :ahee:

... but seriously, unless they were uber mature then I probably wouldn't dream of it. Maybe a year younger, though. I realise its just the social norm for girls to be with older guys and not vice versa but I don't really care, I'd still feel uncomfortable! Plus, I had my first relationship with a guy over two years older than me and even that was weird- he was finishing his GCSEs and I'd only just chosen mine, I can't imagine what he was thinking :|

ReputationRep:
    I prefer women older than me, not by more than a couple of years. But because i look ever so slightly young for my age, i get most attention from 18 year olds .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Its completely normal for a girl to go out with an older guy..Heck! Its even normal for a girl to marry a man as old as her dad..
    Well...

:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    2 years either way I'd say.

My aunt is older than my uncle by about 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls wouldn't give younger guys a chance. A lot of girls I know won't even date guys their same age.

ReputationRep:
    I think it can be quite hot. I know that when I'm older I won't have any qualms about dating a guy a few years my junior.

I don't bother even considering girls which are older than me, I just know they're even less likely to be interested. And I am quite mature but they don't get so far as to know that.

At 21, girls of around 18/19 and above are what I look for.

But it always seems that the girls I'm interested in (even if they're younger than me) are interested in guys older than me, and girls that are interested in me are too young for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca871)
    And it would also be acceptable when I'm like 40 and the guy was 20 :P.
    :hubba:

BTW, why are some of the men here actually complaining that older women aren't interested in them? Surely you should be glad that you actually have something to look forward to when you're older -- and will be less likely than older women to be written off by the opposite sex as 'past it'.

ReputationRep:
    I had a great big crush on a guy a year younger than me for ages...

ReputationRep:
    i've liked younger guys before, and we 'went out' for a while, i think it's fine just as long as its not like a padophilic difference in age, expecially if you're older i think thts ok, there's a big age gap between my parents... 11 years and theyre relationship is great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyingIsis)
    Yes 6 months is ok, maybe even up to a year I could handle...but I might feel strange about it.
    I have always dated guys the same age as me..it's rare you find a younger guy who is mature enough for a real relationship with an older woman
    lol don't say that, you never know.

I didn't even realise my boyfriend was younger than me until he pointed it out jokingly that I was the older woman (it's only 6 months, but still!) and I was like you and thought it would be weird.

I'd say 1-2 years is fine OP, people just think it's strange because usually girls go for older guys and guys go for younger girls (generalising here).

ReputationRep:
    Ive only ever gone out with younger guys-and thats always just how it has worked out-its never intentional! My first relationship i was almost 18 and he was 16 when we started going out. The second relaltionship, he was a few months younger. And my amazing partner at the moment is almost 20, and im almost 22. He has the same values as me (his goal in life is to be a husband and dad, and i love that about him). We were set up on a blind date, and we werent expecting anything to come of it. But a few months on we are both on the same page, and its the first relationship that (as we have both noted) seems more permanent, in the way that we arent 'infatuated' with each other like so many young relationships, but it just seems to be a deep loving friendship that keeps growing and getting better and better. Hes a farmer too, and ive always wanted one of them:P And i think that maturity level is a big part of it, as females do mature earlier. So its good if they match up! I dont think age really matters, unless its the playboy bunny/hugh hefner scenario

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go out with someone younger then me, older yes, younger no. Probably because one of my brothers is only a year younger then me and I generally prefer older guys. Saying that the girl in question may like you, and it might not be an issue for her.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    My mum is 6 years older than my dad and they've been happily married for almost 20years!! So I don't think it's a problem..

It depends how old both are though.
    If you're both under 18, then it would be weird for the guy to be younger, because he probably wouldn't have the same maturity as the girl.

ReputationRep:
    If it's just 2-3 years, I guess it's okay, and I know people who have done it, and it has worked out.

But personally, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    If ever in need of a sugar mummy, I'm always around. :teeth:

My last bf was 8 months younger than me. No biggie.

ReputationRep:
    I think it only seems weird when you're in college/high school.
    imo, as long as we click, age isnt a matter.
    I always forget my other half is 2 years younger than me. I think it's weird for outsiders though. He looks older than me anyway, so thats okay , he's mature, or i'm probably immature.

ReputationRep:
    i dated a guy about 14 months younger than me last year
    i had no problem with it, he had no problem with it, no one did
    similarly, my brothers longest ever relationship was with a girl a year older than him
    so, in my experience i don't think it matters at all
    having said that, i tend to like guys older than myself in general!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.