Turn on thread page Beta

How long to "detox"/Liver recovery? watch

Hey all,

Anon because this is pretty bad.

My poor liver must be a rasin, the last 2 weeks I've binge drank atleast 80% of the nights. I feel exauhsted and I'm going T-Total for however long it will take my liver to get back to normal again.

I'm just wondering how long it'll take and what else I should do?

Thanks.

"detox diets" are a scam, and due to it being "only" 2 weeks you probably haven't done any long-term damage.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    "detox diets" are a scam, and due to it being "only" 2 weeks you probably haven't done any long-term damage.
    30 units per session though...

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

My poor liver must be a rasin, the last 2 weeks I've binge drank atleast 80% of the nights. I feel exauhsted and I'm going T-Total for however long it will take my liver to get back to normal again.

Thanks.
    I'm not exactly sure but we had a renal physiologist tell us that it takes your liver about 1 hour to process a single unit of alcohol.

If that's true then my liver must still be working to this day to process the amount alcohol I drank during TITP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    I'm not exactly sure but we had a renal physiologist tell us that it takes your liver about 1 hour to process a single unit of alcohol.

If that's true then my liver must still be working to this day to process the amount alcohol I drank during TITP.
    Hhhm, is all the alcohol ingested absorbed though? Surely some would just come out the crapper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEnergizerRabbit)
    Hhhm, is all the alcohol ingested absorbed though? Surely some would just come out the crapper?
    Most goes in, alcohol is really, really well absorbed in the upper GI tract.

ReputationRep:

but a renal physiologist would know about the functions of the kidneys, not the liver...

ReputationRep:
    OP, I'd give it a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Thanks.
    Are you sure you're not exaggerating?

You're saying that you've been out on the drink 11 nights out of the last 14, and have 15 pints (carling, fosters) every one of those nights?

I like a drink, but thats ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    but a renal physiologist would know about the functions of the kidneys, not the liver...
    Well done - you're the first to notice!

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Well done - you're the first to notice!

:p:
    lol was it a test?! DO I GET A PRIZE!?!? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm your prize. Care for a drink, then a sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossManSingh)
    Yes, I'm your prize. Care for a drink, then a sleep
    What is this talk of sleep!?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm casually pretending that I did make an inherently stupid mistake

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    Are you sure you're not exaggerating?

You're saying that you've been out on the drink 11 nights out of the last 14, and have 15 pints (carling, fosters) every one of those nights?

I like a drink, but thats ridiculous.
    Or a bottle of Vodka - quite realistic surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    Or a bottle of Vodka - quite realistic surely?
    Fair point, realistic. But still ridiculous. A bottle of vodka 11 nights out of 14 its obscene really.

ReputationRep:
    What is this talk of sleep!?!
    King size bed, best pillows in the world and no alarm clock. Up for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    Fair point, realistic. But still ridiculous. A bottle of vodka 11 nights out of 14 its obscene really.
    Indeed, but I don't think this person is after moral judgement, just advice.

ReputationRep:
    A bottle of vodka over a whole night or the equivelant of that isn't too much. 11 out of 14 days of it is a pretty solid effort, however.

Saying that I know a few people that will quite happily consume that at pre-lash. (Before they even go out into town for people that are unaware of what a pre-lash is).

ReputationRep:
    I'm casually pretending that I did make an inherently stupid mistake

:ninja:
    bua ha ha ha ha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.