Mine's:

Not that I know what any of that means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fightoffyourdemons)
    Are you on the one you had to pay for?
    Mine's:

Not that I know what any of that means.
    it's kind've odd really...

..I'm guessing that firedeuce is on the pad for one, but before the masses moved into jennens court I was getting 8Mb/s both up and down, now I get similar to you, and I'm on the free "2Mb" package

ReputationRep:
    Orange is a bag of old arse, as is the router we have. You have to reboot it at least once a day. The router Orange sent has a broken power cable, so they sent us a phone cable to fix it. I wish Orange would die.

ReputationRep:
    I am on the middle package, not paying £500 for obscenely fast, but paying a moderate amount for decent internet. Seems like the free is pretty decent as well though, especially for general use.

ReputationRep:
    The free package has been working fine for me so far, iplayer works etc so I've not bothered getting the paid for one if I don't need it

ReputationRep:
    Yea the free one provides good speeds anyway, particularly when compared to keysurf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    Yea the free one provides good speeds anyway, particularly when compared to keysurf
    to be fair though, keysurf aren't what you'd be trying to beat if you were starting a new isp :P

ReputationRep:
    remember....for each internet package bought you can register 4 devices on it.

weve got 4 computers on one account - just go to the studentcom website, login, click "add new device" and enter the mac adress of another computer...we've split the cost 4 ways.

To get the MAC address.
    Start > Run > Cmd (or any way to open the command prompt)
    enter- ipconfig /all

the mac address is the one that looks something like 00:24:5G:5B:38:G8 - youll need the one under the "wireless lan" card section.

ReputationRep:
    For the paid internet is there a download limit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    For the paid internet is there a download limit?
    Don't think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer99)
    Don't think so
    Good because I've been downloading around 2 movies per day :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Good because I've been downloading around 2 movies per day :awesome:
    I would be careful - if you go to speedtest.net and it says "Aston University" then that means studentcom is piggybacking on the Uni net connection and the Uni will get the emails from copyright holders about illegal downloads etc; it also might mean you're bound by the Uni AUP.

Also when using Speedtest.net to test, make sure you pick the London server or similar.

The default one "Birmingham" looks like it can't handle the speed:

If I test against London, shows much faster (though this was done in a Uni PC)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.