Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougLTFC)
    Can you really not live without your PS3 for a little while? Are you that addicted?
    It will give me something to do whilst I'm in my room. I'm not addicted, but I anticipate a lot of boredom. So there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    It will give me something to do whilst I'm in my room. I'm not addicted, but I anticipate a lot of boredom. So there.
    Why do you think you're gonna be bored? You'll have work to do, events to go to and places to go to in Brum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Why do you think you're gonna be bored? You'll have work to do, events to go to and places to go to in Brum.
    Sigh... You just gotta see things from my point of view. True I'll be a bit busy with enrolment n other stuff. But I know in first year theres a lot of free time (well so i've heard), and i'll be going birmingham for first time tomorrow, and back to london in a few hours, but I dont know anyone over there etc...

I'm thinking at first i'll be spending a lot of time in my accomodation and rather than just lie in a bed all night awake (i'm nocturnal), I'd rather play games with friends or watch stuff online etc.. And yeah I know i'll be sharing with others but theres no telling who they'll be or if we'll get along bla bla.

Don't misunderstand me, i'm not anti-social or anything, in London i know LOADS of people and go out raving n other reuglarly. In birmingham no one. I'm socialble yeah, but I dont wanna be bored in a new place.

arghh i'm not really being clear on my thoughts, but yeahhh i want to take my ps3 and play online -_-

ReputationRep:
    Sigh... You just gotta see things from my point of view. True I'll be a bit busy with enrolment n other stuff. But I know in first year theres a lot of free time (well so i've heard), and i'll be going birmingham for first time tomorrow, and back to london in a few hours, but I dont know anyone over there etc...

I'm thinking at first i'll be spending a lot of time in my accomodation and rather than just lie in a bed all night awake (i'm nocturnal), I'd rather play games with friends or watch stuff online etc.. And yeah I know i'll be sharing with others but theres no telling who they'll be or if we'll get along bla bla.

Don't misunderstand me, i'm not anti-social or anything, in London i know LOADS of people and go out raving n other reuglarly. In birmingham no one. I'm socialble yeah, but I dont wanna be bored in a new place.

arghh i'm not really being clear on my thoughts, but yeahhh i want to take my ps3 and play online -_-
    There can be a fair bit but it depends on your workload. You'll get to know people in Brum though and even if you don't get on with your flatmates you're bound to make friends on your course. I get what you're saying as you might want something for the odd bit of boredom but I can guarantee you you probably won't be holed up in your room all that much. You'll only be bored if you don't find things to do and this is a pretty good opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    There can be a fair bit but it depends on your workload. You'll get to know people in Brum though and even if you don't get on with your flatmates you're bound to make friends on your course. I get what you're saying as you might want something for the odd bit of boredom but I can guarantee you you probably won't be holed up in your room all that much. You'll only be bored if you don't find things to do and this is a pretty good opportunity.
    Alright thanks I'll think it through. You've given me help a few times now Its appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks I'll think it through. You've given me help a few times now Its appreciated
    Cool I do agree with you though- I did miss having a TV sometimes from the occasional moment of boredom.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. You said the internet in lakeside is cable connection....do I have to buy the cable to connect to my laptop or is that provided in every room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicOnYIE)
    Hi. You said the internet in lakeside is cable connection....do I have to buy the cable to connect to my laptop or is that provided in every room?
    It's provided. If there isn't one there or it's broken you can ask for a new one as well.

ReputationRep:
    It's provided. If there isn't one there or it's broken you can ask for a new one as well.
    ok. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I´m sorry but i´m not sure i got it right.
    can i only get internet access in the common room or also in my own room?
    or is the internet in the common room free and i have to pay extra for the access in my room?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outlander1)
    Hi.
    I´m sorry but i´m not sure i got it right.
    can i only get internet access in the common room or also in my own room?
    or is the internet in the common room free and i have to pay extra for the access in my room?
    thanks
    This part is correct.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply
    that´s great...actually it would be quite stupid otherwise..

ReputationRep:
    A note on the possible switch from Keycom to Studentcom - I googled it, found their website and it says their service is not suitable for streaming U_U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midas)
    A note on the possible switch from Keycom to Studentcom - I googled it, found their website and it says their service is not suitable for streaming U_U
    That must mean it's pretty crap tbh.

ReputationRep:
    what is U_U

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it's probably just the basic stuff cos that's what they expect students to do- research and not much else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer99)
    That must mean it's pretty crap tbh.
    Yeah, that was my thinking. I'm kinda almost looking forward to it, though - I could probably do with kicking the WoW habit, at least until Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a linkypoo so i can have a look please? I tried googling it but i didn't have much luck/too tired to look any harder.

Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougLTFC)
    Do you have a linkypoo so i can have a look please? I tried googling it but i didn't have much luck/too tired to look any harder.

Thank You!
    http://www.studentcom.co.uk/?pg=broadband_home

This was what I found. I'm pretty sleepy, though, so forgive me if I'm talking b*ll*cks.

ReputationRep:
    It can't even do 'internet telephony' (aka Skype or google talk)?! That's shamefully bad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.