Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Legal Music Watch

• View Poll Results: How do you get your music?
    ALL legally
    16.67%
    ALL illegally
    50.00%
    Some legally, some illegally
    33.33%
    CDs
    0%
    I don't listen to music (AKA What is wrong with me?)
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does anyone else on here only download LEGAL music?

ReputationRep:
    just you

ReputationRep:
    I only do legal music. Partly because I don't totally trust files off limewire, partly because I'm scared of being one of the few to have to pay a life wrecking amount of comphensation, and partly because it is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grant5)
    just you
    Guess not

ReputationRep:
    what does LEGAL music mean, am too confused, i dont like to be confused

ReputationRep:
    I did pay for some of my music for the first time last year at Amazon , did used to use limewire quite often before I went into halls last year.Think I'll go back to limewire this year though - if I really like a particular artist's stuff then I'll buy a CD of it , which I did recently with a couple of cranes CDs.I just think that mp3 files by and large aren't worth paying for tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    I only do legal music. Partly because I don't totally trust files off limewire, partly because I'm scared of being one of the few to have to pay a life wrecking amount of comphensation, and partly because it is wrong.
    there are safer ways than limewire, if your american the compensation laws for music are ridiculous, noone really gets caught here or would pay anywhere near that amount anyway. it is wrong though, but while its so easy to get away with, people will do it without caring.

ReputationRep:
    Just you.

ReputationRep:
    just you i think?

Yep you are the only person left in the world who does. Not a single other person out of the billion or so people with access to the internet buys music legally any more.

ReputationRep:
    limewire?
    what a pile of **** :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Yep you are the only person left in the world who does. Not a single other person out of the billion or so people with access to the internet buys music legally any more.
    Dont be so sarcy

ReputationRep:
    If I'm gonna buy music, I prefer to buy CDs. If I ever do download stuff, sometimes I do it legally, sometimes I don't.

ReputationRep:
    Similar thread but with poll
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=987238

(Original post by geography-junkie)
    Dont be so sarcy
    *sarky

ReputationRep:
    How do you spell sarcastic? That way in my books

ReputationRep:
    Poll added

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.