(Original post by Tory Dan)
    Libertarian: 5.14
    Should be more socially liberal than that, tut tut! :p:

What do you think of LPUK btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Should be more socially liberal than that, tut tut! :p:

What do you think of LPUK btw?
    My score is probably less because I'm pro capital punishment and believe in realist foreign policies.

A nice idea in principle, but a hopeless attempt against the main parties. Best way to create libertarian influence is to vote UKIP in EU elections and try and influence the Tories more, just look at the TSR Tories for example. The TSR Tories are very right wing libertarian leaning, this is the way hopefully the real life Tories will go with people like Carwell and Hannan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporal)
    Pot, meet kettle.
    I don't see your point. Calling a right-winger a rightie is a cliché? Only insomuch as calling a chimpanzee a chimp is...

ReputationRep:
    Centre right (0.61) social-libertarian (3.98)

Not where I'd have put myself, though I do hate the questions and find it difficult to answer them accurately.

(Original post by paige__)
    Centre right (0.61) social-libertarian (3.98)

Not where I'd have put myself, though I do hate the questions and find it difficult to answer them accurately.
    What questions do you hate?

Please don't say that God one again, even if you're atheist just pretend you're not for that question. It's basically just asking about individual vs state.

ReputationRep:
    No not at all, I wasn't referring to the God one.

The worst ones are the economic ones - like 'Free markets allow the most efficient distribution of resources' - well no, they don't, so technically that is my actual answer, but that doesn't mean to say that I think this is a bad thing. I just think that some of the questions require a bit more reasoning than just agreeing or disagreeing.

(Original post by paige__)
    No not at all, I wasn't referring to the God one.

The worst ones are the economic ones - like 'Free markets allow the most efficient distribution of resources' - well no, they don't, so technically that is my actual answer, but that doesn't mean to say that I think this is a bad thing. I just think that some of the questions require a bit more reasoning than just agreeing or disagreeing.
    Then click that you disagree - why is stating whether it's a good or a bad thing required?

ReputationRep:
    Left: 0.58, Authoritarian: 2.22

ReputationRep:
    Does TSR have an indisproportianate number of libertarians compared to real life or something?

Old-fashioned conservatism seems to be dead otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I expected there to be a lot stronger social libertarians, from my lurking on the Political Theory subforums.

(Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Does TSR have an indisproportianate number of libertarians compared to real life or something?

Old-fashioned conservatism seems to be dead otherwise.
    Yes it does, because it's a student forum - and students are socially liberal usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoso)
    You are a right social libertarian.
    Right: 5.14, Libertarian: 7.88
    YOU OWE ME SOME POS REP KIMOSO!

ReputationRep:
    On the Politcal Compass test, which I took twice over the course of a month, I was a centrist.

On the Political Spectrum Quiz I'm a left moderate social libertarian.

What the ****?

ReputationRep:
    Here you go.

ReputationRep:
    You are a left social authoritarian.
    Left: 3.79, Authoritarian: 5.58

ReputationRep:

Go me. I was expecting to be a little more libertarian and a less left wing but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    You are a left moderate social authoritarian.
    Left: 4.81, Authoritarian: 1.37

ReputationRep:

re did it and took more time.

edit: other results:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.