Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A government everyone hates- even the governments own supporters
    People with racism in their blood
    Queueing
    Moaning
    Moaning about queueing
    Friday Traffic!!!(Its a nightmare)(Sorry just watched michael macintyre)
    A monarchy that no one really cares about but we like the moeny from the tourists and watching Prince Philip insult every race of people on the planet
    Neds and Chavs on every street corner, who like to play with knives
    Hospitals where you go in with a scratch and then get to stay with MRSA
    And of course the weather- make up your bloody mind!

I could go on for a lot longer!

ReputationRep:
    I like England.

You forget good things like drinkable tap water, good T.V and music. Foreigners are usually tossers and weird. Humour is a massive plus. People complain about cctv etc but if you're doing nothing wrong what have you got too worry about, i'm sure if you're gran got mugged you'd be thankful it was there and we have a lot more freedom than most countries.

Ask yourself why do loads of foreigners want to come here if it's so bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DAFOne)
    Is that Hugh Laurie?

God, I haven't seen a skit of his in ages.

F****ing hillarious.
    Yep, Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie. :yes:
    I wish they'd work together again soon

ReputationRep:
    Racism
    Rigid social mobility
    High rates of criminality
    Relative poverty
    Bad weather
    'So-called & iron-fisted' democracy
    The streets are not paved with 'gold' but concrete covered with gum & cigerettes buds
    High taxation

ReputationRep:
    I like England, too. There's plenty of countries much worse off than us, in my opinion. I think we forget how good we've actually got it, there's always going to be a country which you believe is better than the one you live in, no matter where you live. It's easy to rhyme off all of the bad things wrong with England, like a lot of the tabloid papers do on a daily basis, and that's why our national "pride" is no more. I personally don't see anything wrong with queue's, as opposed to other countries where everything is a free-for-all. We've got some great artists, architecture, food, culture, free health care and as a nation we're generally polite and well-mannered. I certainly wouldn't just come out with "My country is complete and utter ****. There's, x, y and z wrong with x, y, z." I also think we've got some of the best comedians out there, gotta love that dry English wit. :P

Creamy old England.
    England and cream.
    English cream.
    Oh cream.

ReputationRep:
    Overly-generous welfare state.

It describes everything.

ReputationRep:
    Moaning people, obviously!

ReputationRep:
    unclean hospitals, knife crime, teenge pregnancies, always cold, beachs rubbish, haven holiday

ohh and the mighty chavs that seem to be everywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    I was joking. :wtf:

If we want the worst we should look at your momma.
    The irony is that you couldn't tell I was joking.

You're quite pathetic...

(also you must be pretty blind if you think we should start with my 'momma') :stupid:

ReputationRep:
    Very moany people.
    A patronising middle class.
    Bland food - the staple is bread
    Good humour though - I find British people to be quite witty
    Odd looking people, on the whole not very good looking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_qwerty)
    The irony is that you couldn't tell I was joking.

You're quite pathetic...

(also you must be pretty blind if you think we should start with my 'momma') :stupid:
    Yea, innit bruv. Skeet skeet.

Lemme tell you something: putting "lol" at the end of something does not make it a joke. You're a retard, lol.

I'm certainly apathetic, dunno about pathetic. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalced)
    I find the UK just boring. "Boredom 'fuels teen alcohol use' "-http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8181289.stm
    That's a load of crap. It seems to be the default excuse of every idle teenage yob in this country - yet I grew up in a village, there was absolutely nothing for children save a park or two. Still, we found things to do with ourselves and our crime rates were low because, unsurprisingly, our parents were relatively civilised and passed down similar values.

Yet in areas where binge drinking and teenage crime are rife, there tend to be plenty of things to do: cinemas, coffee shops, sports centres, youth clubs and God knows what else.

ReputationRep:
    For all of you who say its ****, why dont you leave?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, innit bruv. Skeet skeet.

Lemme tell you something: putting "lol" at the end of something does not make it a joke. You're a retard, lol.

I'm certainly apathetic, dunno about pathetic. :rolleyes:
    "innit bruv. Skeet skeet" - In English?

Firstly, I did not imply that putting 'lol' at then end of something makes it a joke. For example, you're a joke, but I'm not going to 'lol'. However it is common when on forums to attach 'lol' with a joke - common sense. So whats your point?

Secondly, you cant be apathetic, as if you were absent from emotion and interest...then you wouldn't have bothered to reply to my initial statement or my follow-up reply.

Thirdly, and randomly off topic, how/where do you watch your anime? You a fan of Naruto, Bleach or My-Hime? (this aint a joke - PM me )

ReputationRep:
    "innit bruv. Skeet skeet" - In English?

Firstly, I did not imply that putting 'lol' at then end of something makes it a joke. For example, you're a joke, but I'm not going to 'lol'. However it is common when on forums to attach 'lol' with a joke - common sense. So whats your point?

Secondly, you cant be apathetic, as if you were absent from emotion and interest...then you wouldn't have bothered to reply to my initial statement or my follow-up reply.

Thirdly, and randomly off topic, how/where do you watch your anime? You a fan of Naruto, Bleach or My-Hime? (this aint a joke - PM me )
    Skeet skeet bruv skeet skeet.

1 - You're not funny. Your initial post replying to mine was absird as it had no tone of "joking" whatsoever. You just thought putting "lol" at the end of it would convey some sort of sarcasm or "joke" as you call it. :rolleyes:

2 - Apathetic in terms of lack of emotion in my nature. :rolleyes:

3 - I download anime. You can PM me if you want to discuss anime further or post in the anime forum of TSR. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Skeet skeet bruv skeet skeet.

1 - You're not funny. Your initial post replying to mine was absird as it had no tone of "joking" whatsoever. You just thought putting "lol" at the end of it would convey some sort of sarcasm or "joke" as you call it. :rolleyes:

2 - Apathetic in terms of lack of emotion in my nature. :rolleyes:

3 - I download anime. You can PM me if you want to discuss anime further or post in the anime forum of TSR. :yes:
    1) I wasn't intending or trying to be funny. Also, you say I had 'no tone' of 'joke' in my initial response- but then how do you suppose I convey that via the use of typing? Had you seen my facial expression and literally heard my tone of voice then you would have known the context of which I was speaking in. I suppose this is the flaw of cyber-talking

2) Thank you for clearing up the context of your apathy

3) Cheers for the offer - Check your inbox in a little while :yes:

ReputationRep:
    1) I wasn't intending or trying to be funny. Also, you say I had 'no tone' of 'joke' in my initial response- but then how do you suppose I convey that via the use of typing? Had you seen my facial expression and literally heard my tone of voice then you would have known the context of which I was speaking in. I suppose this is the flaw of cyber-talking

2) Thank you for clearing up the context of your apathy

3) Cheers for the offer - Check your inbox in a little while :yes:

1) Jokes can be conveyed through your choice of words, smilies etc. Don't expect me to teach you all about internet humour.

2) You're quite foolish for not understanding.

3) I'll reply shortly.

ReputationRep:
    1) Jokes can be conveyed through your choice of words, smilies etc. Don't expect me to teach you all about internet humour.

2) You're quite foolish for not understanding.

3) I'll reply shortly.
    1) ....Or they can be conveyed via the use of text such as 'LOL' - get it yet?

2) That reply was insufficient. I was merely trying to bury the hatchet - I was originally planning on disputing your 'apathetic in nature' reply (as its flawed), but I thought "na, I will be the bigger man and just say thanks". Now it looks we're back to square one.

3) Cheers. Much Appreciated.

(I think we've taken over this thread )

ReputationRep:
    1) ....Or they can be conveyed via the use of text such as 'LOL' - get it yet?

2) That reply was insufficient. I was merely trying to bury the hatchet - I was originally planning on disputing your 'apathetic in nature' reply (as its flawed), but I thought "na, I will be the bigger man and just say thanks". Now it looks we're back to square one.

3) Cheers. Much Appreciated.

(its funny how we've taken over this thread)
    1)That takes away the effort of making a joke you lazy chav.

2) Insufficient? Don't use words out of context, and get off your high horse you pedantic **** face.

3) No problem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.