Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Panic/Anxiety attacks from exam results Watch

ReputationRep:
    How do you calm down from a panic/anxiety attack? I'm getting my results in precisely 8 hours, and I've been having panic attacks, and I doubt I will sleep tonight

ReputationRep:
    Think of the best case scenario and entirely believe it.

Or get high.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, bro. But don't be nervous. The results have been set for weeks now, so worrying won't do anything.

ReputationRep:
    Urm, nothing. Chill, breathe, mind you I give all this advice, but today when i thought a fortnight and 2 days my heartrate doubled!

ReputationRep:
    Have a bath?

ReputationRep:
    Panic attacks get worse the more you think about it. If you're there thinking, "OH MY GOD, MY EXAM RESULTS ARE TOMORROW!", it's not going to help in the slightest. Whenever I have panic attacks, I make the mistake of acting like I'm almost dying, I overreact and just it worse. The best thing to do is just to lie down, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. It sounds cliched, but it helps to get your body calmer. Drink some water and listen to some music, eventually you'll calm down.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know.

I had them for over a year for my results [yes, that's right I hadn't even started the course yet nevermind the exams].

Nightmare.

Try to distract yourself? Watch TV/DVD or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snipex)
    Me too, bro. But don't be nervous. The results have been set for weeks now, so worrying won't do anything.
    unlesss you're supersticious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Find the song and listen to it non-stop, all night long.

Having said that, I'm exactly the same when it comes exam results. Good luck for tomorrow. :yy:

is it bad im currently doing this despite not being in the ops situation tonight?:p:

ReputationRep:
    Light up the bong, son.

There's "Medical Weed" in the States for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Smoke a Zoot.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks for the advice all.

Camomile tea (if you've got any in your house), watch a favourite film of yours, listen to some soothing music.

I know how it feels, I was feeling just like that last year with my A Levels. The last two days before results day were a nightmare, it literally felt like my heart was going to rip out of my ribcage

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.