Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he was reluctant to confirm details as he didn't want it to be seen as a publicity stunt?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8183528.stm

IMO it IS a publicity stunt. Let's face it he gets paid a fortune, this kind of publicity is worth its weight in gold and we'll be funding the cost of guarding him and his family.

If he wanted it to mean something he'd be paying for his security staff, let's face it, he's going to be surrounded and the background staff and all around national checking will be costing the taxpayer a fortune.

ReputationRep:
    Atleast he's now doing a job he truly deserves.

ReputationRep:
    Its not a publicity stunt of course...thats why the contacted the media about it. Just to make sure the public didnt see it that way, as opposed to not seeing it at all. Hmm.

Fail Brown and his cabinet of Fails continue to fail on a consistant level.

ReputationRep:
    Good on him.

Still not getting my vote, but good on the man.

ReputationRep:
    Does it honestly make a difference Whether the nation is paying his guards to guard him whilst he's at #10 or whilst he's doing voluntary work? I can't see a reason why they'd charge any more - he has guards 24/7, as is expected.

As far as voluntary work goes.. I'm pretty sure I read in a paper a while back that Gordie had been doing voluntary work up until he chose to commit himself fully to the Labour Party.

ReputationRep:
    I think the nation has actually reached the level of collective cynicism where if a Cabinet minister were to volunteer for crucifixion in return for God instantly ending AIDS, the public would probably just accuse him of angling for a peerage.

"I bet he put the nails on expenses!", someone witty would say. "General election now!"

ReputationRep:
    Finally got him doing community service for the damage he's done to the economy, have they? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    thats good of him.

ReputationRep:
    even if it is a publicity stunt, the charity is going to benefit from his hours, and the publicity, witch it will get found out

ReputationRep:
    I bet he's voluntarily eating all the pies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    I bet he's voluntarily eating all the pies.
    hahaha im in stiches here *rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    He'll be using this experience, for when he's out of a job come April 2010!

ReputationRep:
    At least he's doing something worthwhile with his time.

I wonder how many of the people who put him down devote time to voluntary work and helping others?

And no, I'm not a Brown supporter, but as someone who devotes a lot of her time to volunteering, it's nice to see something that might raise the profile of volunteering a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    any thing his going to do is a publicity stunt

volunteering is good stuff to do, celebrity and royals do it

ReputationRep:

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I think the nation has actually reached the level of collective cynicism where if a Cabinet minister were to volunteer for crucifixion in return for God instantly ending AIDS, the public would probably just accuse him of angling for a peerage.

"I bet he put the nails on expenses!", someone witty would say. "General election now!"
    :rofl: True, too!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.