Turn on thread page Beta

Are most people studying in London, from London? watch

ReputationRep:
    Particularly interested in Kings College and Royal Holloway...

If yes, is it because of location, expense or both?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    Expense
    I'm from London and go to a London uni because I don't really like the idea of forking over say 3000+ for halls, when I can pay 380 pounds a year for a bus pass that will get me to uni and around all of London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkostar)
    Expense
    I'm from London and go to a London uni because I don't really like the idea of forking over say 3000+ for halls, when I can pay 380 pounds a year for a bus pass that will get me to uni and around all of London.
    Do you think they reason why many people from outside of London, will not consider going to London, is because the cost of living is more expensive?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. But, in comparison to the rest of the UK (which is filled with universities), there is probably a lot more choice available elsewhere, and maybe at a lower living rate?

ReputationRep:
    I planning to travel to my london uni by train only 30 mins.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.