Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tracking down ambulance, fire etc staff that helped you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Question in the tittle anyone know how to go about it see my blog - link in sig if you want to know why

ReputationRep:
    I would call whatever the hospital you were taken to was / the nearest hospital to where you crashed as that would most likely be the hospital the paramedics were dispatched from. Tell them you want to know who to contact to thank them for helping you. Same with the fire department. This isn't an uncommon thing and although I personally havn't done it, I have friends who have wanted to thank the emergency crews and thats the route i believe they took. The gift / thanks will usually go to the whole crew not those specific people who helped you - but obviously those people will know who they are.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ill give them a ring tomorrow, I know alot of people dont but i volunteer in a hospital so i know its often nice for the staff to get chocolates etc of patients as a little thank you so really want to do this. Going to get a few 1kg tins tomorrow if i could work out what stations they would have come from id just get a few for each and drop them in with a little note. Hospitals the easy one really so ill try that 1st.

EDIT: Any other suggestions please people

ReputationRep:
    Start a fire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    Start a fire?
    funny.................not

ReputationRep:
    Given you state you live in durham i'm fairly sure that Ambulances aren't based at the local hospital instead they're dispatched from the local ambulance control room which iirc is based by the fire station. The easiest way to go abou this is probably to contact the north east ambulance service and get them to track it down maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I don't imagine it would be too hard to find out which dispatch centre covers your house. Then its just a case of going down there or sending them a letter.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to say what a nice person you are, that is a lovely idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    Given you state you live in durham i'm fairly sure that Ambulances aren't based at the local hospital instead they're dispatched from the local ambulance control room which iirc is based by the fire station. The easiest way to go abou this is probably to contact the north east ambulance service and get them to track it down maybe?
    I wish it was that area would be so much easier. Accident was just outside of Newcastle and unforutanlly the A&E staff arent sure if we were brought in by a Newcastle or Gateshead crew.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ring or write to the ambulance service, giving details of when/where you were, and they should be able to work out who the particular individuals involved were.

ReputationRep:
    they'll have records.

there are always records.

ReputationRep:
    may i ask what happened?

ReputationRep:
    I went to the local fire station after my car crash and spoke to a couple of them and I knew the police because I spoke to them direct. Never found out the paramedics though and only found out a few extras because of word of mouth. I know what it's like to really feel so grateful and want to say thank you but they do know and are just glad them doing their job helped someone, so if you can't find them don't worry too much even if it is really frustrating!

Edit: That said, yours is quite recent so just ring them and a few people might remember and then tell you how to contact the others who helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    I wish it was that area would be so much easier. Accident was just outside of Newcastle and unforutanlly the A&E staff arent sure if we were brought in by a Newcastle or Gateshead crew.
    still might be worth giving north east ambulance service a try as they are the umbrella organisation for all the tyne and wear services so it wouldn't matter so much if it was newcastle or gateshead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    may i ask what happened?
    She already said, if you want to know, read her blog.

What a lovely idea.

Yeah, I'd say give them a ring saying why you're ringing and your details and the time you were there etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    still might be worth giving north east ambulance service a try as they are the umbrella organisation for all the tyne and wear services so it wouldn't matter so much if it was newcastle or gateshead
    thanks yeah im going to try them tomorrow

(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    may i ask what happened?
    its on my blog http://tryingfortheimpossible.blogspot.com/

ReputationRep:
    Managed to find them after a few minutes on the phone this morning, anyone got any ideas in regards to the fire crew - ie you think its ok to asume they were from the same area.

ReputationRep:
    Big thank you to everyone that helped just managed to track down everyone involved so will be saying my thanks to them over the next few days ill rep you all over the next week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.