Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you have sex with your bf/gf if.. Watch

Contraception did not exist?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Yes, but I'd probably take other precautions.

ReputationRep:
    People did, for thousands of years, hence why birth rates used to be much higher. (although there are records of basic condoms as far back as the Egyptians, I believe). It was a different way of life - there was no such thing as casual sex. You knew if you had sex, there was a chance of a baby at the end.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just have to perfect my falcon punch.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would but we were trying for a baby, I'm nearly 25 and he is 30. If I was much younger I wouldn't take the risk.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't risk intercourse. We could do other stuff...

ReputationRep:
    Even thousands of years ago....

There was still anal sex.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think I would probably see sex in a different way if contraception had never existed. If it was suddenly taken away I don't know what I'd do... I probably wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    No way. Not unless we were planning on being together forever and wanting a baby. Might try and invent some kind of contraception though.

ReputationRep:
    No, wouldn't risk it.

ReputationRep:
    no....i'm too young to be having a child now!!

ReputationRep:
    I heard that before condoms people used to use sheep or pig's guts =| .. don't know if thats completely true.. but i think some people will always find their own way for contraception but to answer the question, probably when i was older.

ReputationRep:
    Well, we'd probably just avoid intercourse... There's way more to sex than that

On another note: does abortion count as contraception?

ReputationRep:
    ever heard of an angry pirate?
    Every time lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    On another note: does abortion count as contraception?
    :eyebrow: No, there's a fundamental difference.

ReputationRep:
    Use a plastic bag instead of a condom?

ReputationRep:
    not unless we were trying to have a baby..

he can use a blow up doll with my face on it if he's that desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Use a plastic bag instead of a condom?
    I'd stick with clingfilm...

ReputationRep:
    There are times of a girls menstruative cycle where a baby is less likely I believe? You'd have to work it out though somehow, Id probably consult wikipedia, some chemists and some medical students, Id feel embarassed asking my doctor! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessJasmine)
    Yes I would but we were trying for a baby, I'm nearly 25 and he is 30. If I was much younger I wouldn't take the risk.
    By the way, congratuations on becoming pregnant (as wrong as that sounds)! The world needs more love!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.