Turn on thread page Beta

What's your favourite radio station? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Your preferred choice of radio station?
    Absolute
    2.17%
    BBC Radio1
    30.43%
    BBC Five Live
    1.09%
    Capital FM
    5.43%
    Choice FM
    3.26%
    Classic FM
    1.09%
    Club Asia
    0%
    Heart
    5.43%
    Kiss
    1.09%
    LBC
    5.43%
    Magic
    2.17%
    Smooth Radio
    0%
    XFM
    6.52%
    Other
    35.87%

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite radio station? :hmmmm:

...and reasons why would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    Capital FM (has the best music - most of the time =P)

ReputationRep:
    Non music: Radio 5 Live - great banter, discussions, sport

Music: Kiss FM. I suppose I just like the music (In the evenings it's Magic FM).

ReputationRep:
    Manchesterradioonline
    [online station]

Anyone remember James Stannage? The legendary Key 103 late night chat show host who took the piss out of his guests, had deep discussions and ended up getting taken off air for some things he said? - He's on this station now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altruistic1)
    Manchesterradioonline
    [online station]

Anyone remember James Stannage? The legendary Key 103 late night chat show host who took the piss out of his guests, had deep discussions and ended up getting taken off air for some things he said? - He's on this station now.
    The Late Night James Stannage Talk Show on Manchester's Key 103

This guy is responsible for the largest penalty imposed on a British radio station :eek:

ReputationRep:
    URN 1350AM :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I like Magic best. Sometimes I listen to XFM and Absolute. I find they talk too bloody much on Absolute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_qwerty)
    The Late Night James Stannage Talk Show on Manchester's Key 103

This guy is responsible for the largest penalty imposed on a British radio station :eek:
    Yeah lol, he got Key 103 lots of fines over the years but they kept him on because his ratings were amazingly high - he was pulling in all the listeners and never went short of people calling. Eventually they got fed up and had no choice but to sack him as he wouldn't change himself to suit policy. Shame really... I grew up listening to this guy, though I did learn from him that sometimes it's best to not be a sheep, and if you have a problem deal with it right away even if it means you're going to get ****** over royally.

I actually sent him an e-mail on his online show, he read it out. Cool cool guy :p:

ReputationRep:
    Im stuck to radio one cause clyde ones **** and so is galaxy and xfm.
    I've found myself singing along to chipmunk a few times :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    heart with jamie and harriet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    I've found myself singing along to chipmunk a few times :facepalm:
    It's ok - we've all been down that dark alley a few times :ninja:

...but admitting it is the first step to recovery - help is on your side :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_qwerty)
    It's ok - we've all been down that dark alley a few times :ninja:

...but admitting it is the first step to recovery - help is on your side :rolleyes:

I don't even have a diamond ring to talk about but I just keep singing it
    Chipmunk Annonymous

ReputationRep:
    LBC 97.3 London's Biggest Conversation. I wish they had kept Nick Abbot rather than replacing him with the snob Petri Hoskins

ReputationRep:
    Chill FM.

ReputationRep:
    Capital or Radio 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan_Johnson)
    LBC 97.3 London's Biggest Conversation. I wish they had kept Nick Abbot rather than replacing him with the snob Petri Hoskins

They replaced Nick Abbot!! :eek:

I stop listening to LBC for a few days....and they start to collapse without me :p:

(In all seriousness, is this true? I was listening to him on Sunday. Ah man he is too cool.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    I don't even have a diamond ring to talk about but I just keep singing it
    Nor do I. But it's OK, I have something he doesn't....

A drivers license

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altruistic1)
    Manchesterradioonline
    [online station]

I loved that show, hilarious. When I was in college I saw him walking in Castlefield, I was with a couple of mates one of whom began to shout abuse, and he mentioned it that night on the show. :woo:

Needless to say Key103 instantly became a waste of time once he left and has gone downhill ever since. I've never listened to Manchesterradioonline, might be time for a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caw123)
    I loved that show, hilarious. When I was in college I saw him walking in Castlefield, I was with a couple of mates one of whom began to shout abuse, and he mentioned it that night on the show. :woo:

Needless to say Key103 instantly became a waste of time once he left and has gone downhill ever since. I've never listened to Manchesterradioonline, might be time for a look.

Haha yeah it was some good ****! I can just imagine in my head what he'd be saying

I have to warn you though.. his show is still pretty decent, but obviously as it's online the amount of callers is less and their quality is much worse. Stannage doesn't really use the old catchphrases like "that's garbage baby" and "judas priest" anymore either (I asked him why!):p:

ReputationRep:
    1xtra

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.