Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your favourite radio station? Watch

• View Poll Results: Your preferred choice of radio station?
    Absolute
    2.17%
    BBC Radio1
    30.43%
    BBC Five Live
    1.09%
    Capital FM
    5.43%
    Choice FM
    3.26%
    Classic FM
    1.09%
    Club Asia
    0%
    Heart
    5.43%
    Kiss
    1.09%
    LBC
    5.43%
    Magic
    2.17%
    Smooth Radio
    0%
    XFM
    6.52%
    Other
    35.87%

ReputationRep:
    Real Radio.

Radio 1 plays crap whenever the presenters finally take a minute to stfu. And it makes me cringe. Real Radio plays a mix of quality tunesss and there is some good banter in between the tunesss.

ReputationRep:
    BBC Radio... Especially BBC Radio 1 (H) Just hope that it doesnt get sold off (N)

ReputationRep:
    I like radio1 on morning then i like kiss/galaxy after and heart/magic on evening, i chose heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_qwerty)

They replaced Nick Abbot!! :eek:

I stop listening to LBC for a few days....and they start to collapse without me :p:

(In all seriousness, is this true? I was listening to him on Sunday. Ah man he is too cool.)
    no he used to do weeknights from 7 till 10 but they moved him to the saturday night slot cos he wasn't 'serious enough'

ReputationRep:
    Radio 2.

ReputationRep:
    Cool FM

ReputationRep:
    How come you've missed out Radio 2 but you've listed most other popular stations? I've never even heard of Club Asia.

I generally don't listen to the radio, but when I do it's XFM. I don't mind listening to Radio 1 in the evenings when Whiley/Bowman/Moyles are off air.

ReputationRep:
    radio 1 late at night, normal once you past the 11pm mark, unless its firday, just good all night

kiss FM is pretty good to listen too

ReputationRep:
    6music or Radio 4.
    I'm obviously out of touch with my generation :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Radio 1 in the evenings. 6music is very good also.

ReputationRep:
    Gold. Purely for the 60's music.

ReputationRep:
    LBC!! And Choice FM for music.. does no one on here like choice??

ReputationRep:
    Radio 3 isn't on there... I am saddened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altruistic1)
    Manchesterradioonline
    [online station]

Anyone remember James Stannage? The legendary Key 103 late night chat show host who took the piss out of his guests, had deep discussions and ended up getting taken off air for some things he said? - He's on this station now.
    He's a complete knob tbh.

I usually listen to Radio1, well, the scott mills podcast, most of the music they play on there is pretty crap.

XFM when I'm in Manchester too, i think i might have to get a WiFi DAB radio thing so i can listen to it in leeds aswell.

I listen to BBC Radio6 sometimes too.

ReputationRep:
    Radio 4 — there's something about its sound that's so much nicer than almost every other station.

ReputationRep:
    Radio 1. I think Scott Mills is rather amusing.

ReputationRep:
    Plannet Rock.

Because as rock stations go Kerang sold out (i know that term gets overused).

Also Rick Wakeman and Alice Cooper make great hosts. Although most of the time i listen to my own music collection now.

ReputationRep:
    choice fm..i think it's like kiss100 but without the crappy dance music..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    How come you've missed out Radio 2 but you've listed most other popular stations? I've never heard of Club Asia.

I generally don't listen to the radio, but when I do it's XFM. I don't mind listening to Radio 1 in the evenings when Whiley/Bowman/Moyles are off air.
    (Original post by Haeron)
    Radio 3 isn't on there... I am saddened
    Soz dude...If I had put Radio 2 and 3 then I would have felt obliged to put radio 4,6,7 & 1xtra etc. (too many to list)

I put Radio1 as its more popular among the TSR style "youth orientated" culture...whereas Radio 2 is more "adult oriented entertainment" and Radio 3 is more "arts and high culture".

(I myself listen to Radio2&3, but seeing as a large majority of TSR are aged 'youthful', I put Radio 1 instead)

(PS. Club Asia is like a popular Asian Radio station broadcasting live across London on AM - widely popular among the Asian culture in London - (I tried to be diverse and multicultural in my poll ) )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_qwerty)
    What's your favourite radio station? :hmmmm:

...and reasons why would be helpful
    Real radio, formerly known as century fm.

the reason why? '80's 90's and now' as the like motto type thing goes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.